Topics

Call routing?

Andrew O'Brien

Is there a way to use WinDV and place an individual call , not calling a specific reflector or repeater?

Andy K3UK

W2TLJ

Looked around and did not see a way to do that. Maybe someone else has an idea.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> wrote:

Is there a way to use WinDV and place an individual call , not calling a specific reflector or repeater?

Andy K3UK

Andrew O'Brien

I can't find any place where we would be able to enter an individual call sign.  I'm not sure what would happen if we connected to a repeater that allowed individual call routing and THEN issued a command via RF from home radio to DVAP and out to the connected repeater.

Andy K3UK

lamarrsy <lamarrsy@...>

Hi Andy,

No I don't think so.
I tried as I might, on a friend's ThumbDV with WinDV but couldn't connect directly another station.

-Sylvain, VE2LAM, via  iPhone

Le 24 févr. 2017 à 23:07, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> a écrit :

Is there a way to use WinDV and place an individual call , not calling a specific reflector or repeater?

Andy K3UK

If you want call routing use ircddbgateway with DummyRepeater or dstarrepeater. Read the wiki pages on AMBEserver and ircddbgateway

On Feb 25, 2017 08:55, "lamarrsy via Groups.Io" <lamarrsy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Andy,

No I don't think so.
I tried as I might, on a friend's ThumbDV with WinDV but couldn't connect directly another station.

-Sylvain, VE2LAM, via  iPhone

Le 24 févr. 2017 à 23:07, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> a écrit :

Is there a way to use WinDV and place an individual call , not calling a specific reflector or repeater?

Andy K3UK

Jim Moen <jim@...>

I would try this test -- enable ircDDB and restart WinDV. Put target callsign in URCall. Should work the same as ICOM's callsign routing, as long as your target callsign is on a system with ircDDB enabled.

The other so-called callsign routing system is referred to as CCS7. It uses a different mechanism, and requires both your system and the target csllsign's system to be running ircDDBGateway (similar name but way different software).

It creates a virtual DCS reflector and connects both of you to it, so the callee does not have to hit the Callsign Capture button to reply.

If you want that, John's post shows how by using Dummy Repeater and ircDDBGateway.

But if ICOM's callsign routing works for you, I would give WinDV with ircDDB enabled a try.

Jim - K6JM

On February 24, 2017 8:07:39 PM PST, Andrew O'Brien <andrewobrie@...> wrote:

Is there a way to use WinDV and place an individual call , not calling a specific reflector or repeater?

Andy K3UK

Andrew O'Brien

Thanks for the suggestions guys , I will try them .

Sent from my iPhone