Topics

Can Windows BlueDV be installed into Linux with Msiexec and Wine

KB3OIL@...

I had BlueDV installed on my Win 10 computer and used it with my ThumbDV with no problems.  My year old Dell recently dumped all for the fourth time.  Dell talked me through a software fix once and it went back to Dell hardware people twice for fixes.  Everything had to be reinstalled  each time.  After this recent major problem I dumped Windows 10 and installed one of the Ubuntu Linux's.  I now understand that AMBE 3000 is not a part of the Linux version of BlueDV (let me know if that is not correct).  I'm pretty much new to everything (except the world) including Linux.  However I did stumble on a site saying you can install a .msi file (Microsoft Installer) with Msiexec and Wine (Google both together).  I have not had any success doing this, but like I said, I'm still new to all of this.  Has anyone tried using these files or are able load BlueDV and use their ThumbDV with an Ubuntu version of Linux.

Note: This topic is better addressed in the ambe subgroup.

임성규

Thank you for your kind reply.
I found the cause of ThumbDV.
1. Raspberry Pi 3 When the power supply voltage is 5.0V
Only one of the two ThumbDVs worked.
And one has an error.
2. When Raspberry Pi 3 power supply voltage is 5.1V
Both ThumbDVs were working.
3. I changed the Raspberry Pi 3 power to 5.1V.
4. The ThumbDV supply voltage was found to operate at 5.1V.
I found it difficult to get ThumbDV power to work at 5.1V.
ThumbDV now knows that the voltage works well at 5.1V.
You should also refer to this
I will send ThumbDV commodity price $ 110 X 2EA = $ 220.
I do not know how to send.
I will learn how to send.
And I will send you $ 220.
Please understand that it takes a little time.
Thank you.

[...]

Joe

You may want to try native linux dstar program instead of trying to emulate windows on linux.

If you are wanting to order ThumbDV -- http://nwdigitalradio.com/product/thumbdv/  (They are back ordered until the end of the month, but you can place the order and it will be shipped when they come in.)

Email inquiries to sales@...

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 7:18 PM, 임성규 <hopeseoul@...> wrote:
 Thank you for your kind reply.
I found the cause of ThumbDV.
1. Raspberry Pi 3 When the power supply voltage is 5.0V
    Only one of the two ThumbDVs worked.
     And one has an error.
2. When Raspberry Pi 3 power supply voltage is 5.1V
     Both ThumbDVs were working.
3. I changed the Raspberry Pi 3 power to 5.1V.
4. The ThumbDV supply voltage was found to operate at 5.1V.
I found it difficult to get ThumbDV power to work at 5.1V.
ThumbDV now knows that the voltage works well at 5.1V.
You should also refer to this
I will send ThumbDV commodity price $ 110 X 2EA = $ 220.
I do not know how to send.
I will learn how to send.
And I will send you $ 220.
Please understand that it takes a little time.
Thank you.

> I had BlueDV installed on my Win 10 computer and used it with my ThumbDV
> with no problems.  My year old Dell recently dumped all for the fourth time.
> Dell talked me through a software fix once and it went back to Dell hardware
> people twice for fixes.  Everything had to be reinstalled  each time.  After
> this recent major problem I dumped Windows 10 and installed one of the
> Ubuntu Linux's.  I now understand that AMBE 3000 is not a part of the Linux
> version of BlueDV (let me know if that is not correct).  I'm pretty much new
> to everything (except the world) including Linux.  However I did stumble on
> a site saying you can install a .msi file (Microsoft Installer) with Msiexec
> and Wine (Google both together).  I have not had any success doing this, but
> like I said, I'm still new to all of this.  Has anyone tried using these
> files or are able load BlueDV and use their ThumbDV with an Ubuntu version
> of Linux.
>

> Note: This topic is better addressed in the ambe subgroup.

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

The author of BlueDV is active in the AMBE subgroup -- https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/ambe

It is better to ask the question there.

[...]