Topics

compatible with DD-WRT?

"w2lnx" <david.bern@...>

Do you have any plans to be compatible with DD-WRT?

Thank you,
David, W2LNX

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

David,

I'm wondering what you are looking for in "compatibility"?

The UDR56K certainly should work through a router running DD-WRT or OpenWRT.

One could port DD-WRT to the UDR56K, but to what purpose?

In development we are using a full Linux distribution, specifically Debian Squeeze and can run various routing protocols and applications that run on Linux.

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM, w2lnx <david.bern@...> wrote:

Do you have any plans to be compatible with DD-WRT?

Thank you,
David, W2LNX

steve <stevewa206@...>

Hummm.... Connecting the DD-WRT to the Ethernet port would work fine...I'm wondering if you used the Open-WRT with the mesh routing, if then you could mesh all the other UDR56K's on the network? If your just using the UDR56K's as layer 2 ( TCP/IP over AX.25 ) and meshing at the WRT level, that would be pretty cool. So you use the UDR56K's as a long range mesh layer and have the WRT at 2.4 Ghz for local mesh. Hummm...that would be nice because then other hams in the area could be seen.

Then again, you can run the MESH protocol on the UDR56K too, on the unit itself. But if the WRT has it all there, that would be cool.

Steve N0FPF

<http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#%21/john_hays> <http://www.facebook.com/john.d.hays>