Topics

Conclusions: Opinions on SI

"k7udr" <bhhoyer@...>

Thanks to all who commented, here's my take-a-way:

Proper Capitalization of units and modifiers is required.

Spacing and strict adherence to SI is optional, 12Vdc causes no confusion.

Standard terms such as bps, ppm, dBm are OK and although inappropriate for scientific papers are commonly used and understood.

Let's not get too up-tight about this.

Never heard FTW! before, also found Godwin's law interesting.

Thanks for the education, now back to work!
Bryan

"Buckley, Jack" <jbuckley1@...>

This was a great learning experience for me. I still have no idea what FTW! means, but now references to Godwin's law in social networking environments is clear  :)

KB / kb / Kb I generally look at the context and assume the obvious ? After all ham radio is not rocket science  :)

W1AKN Jack
N1EME POPs ARS
FN41

dispose of the e-mail.

Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...>

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM, k7udr <bhhoyer@...> wrote:
FTW
The key metric we're all watching: D.U.R. -- That's "Days Until
Radio".....

Bill

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

AMSAT might disagree :) !!!