Topics

Digest Number 203

Sideshowbob0374 <sideshowbob0374@...>

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply and I was able to get the two devices talking to one another.  I was able to link to ref012A but received choppy transmit audio reports and the receive audio is also choppy.  I went through all of my settings twice and everything is as it should be.  Decoding is working.  I can, at times, hear myself on the local repeater but the transmission is not communications quality.  Since this is happening on both transmit and receive, there may be something I'm missing in the settings.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.  Thank again,

Rob
AA6RA

On Jan 16, 2015, at 2:39 AM, UniversalDigitalRadio@... wrote:

2 Messages

Digest #203

Messages

1a

Re: DV3000U Cant find AMBE Dongle on port specified.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:37 pm (PST) . Posted by:

aa6ra

Hi John,

I just received my DV3000U today and I am having the same problem. I've read through the instructions for ambeserverwin and still need some help. I am using a netbook running windows 7. Now, first thing is I have downloaded the most current version of ircddbgateway and dummy repeater. I am familiar with those programs and have set them up accordingly. I am having problems with where to extract the AMBEseverWin files. You say to save them to a directory but unfortunately I do not know how to do that or where to put them on the computer so the zip file currently sits on my desktop. Also, if I extract these files to my desktop and type the command you gave above AMBEserver.exe -c22 -x (the dv3000 is on com port 22 in my case) I receive an error message. I'm guessing because I haven't extracted the files to the proper place. If you could give me step by step instruction on the entire process, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advanced and I look forward to getting the dv3000 up and running!

Rob Antonacci
AA6RA

1b

Re: DV3000U Cant find AMBE Dongle on port specified.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:05 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"John D. Hays" k7ve

Hi Bob,

If you unzipped in the Desktop, then you need to open a command window (
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/command-prompt-windows-7.htm)

Then change your directory to your Desktop, if your login is Bob and you
use disk C:

cd \Users\Bob\Desktop

Then issue the command

AMBEserver.exe -c 22 -x