Topics

DRAWS

JeffH

What sort of applications do you forsee people using DRAWS with?

Hi Gwen,

This is a common interface across the big 3 amateur radio manufacturers that support a 'packet radio' accessory jack.  It should be plug compatible with many radios including the FT-8x7 and FT-818.  For radios without this connector, this is a classic '4-wire' interface; PTT, DISC or AFOUT, AFIN, and SQL (plus GND).  One would simply cut the 6 Pin Mini DIN cable in half and attach to the radio/connector of choice.

We will be building a database of radios along with level settings for setup.

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 1:53 PM Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
I just read the Product Brief. What rigs use those 6-pin mini-DIN connectors? I'm thinking Yaesu FT-817 and newer? How about connecting it to an Elecraft KX3/PX3 system? Is it compatible?

Director

Gwen Patton

I just read the Product Brief. What rigs use those 6-pin mini-DIN connectors? I'm thinking Yaesu FT-817 and newer? How about connecting it to an Elecraft KX3/PX3 system? Is it compatible?

Gayland Gump

Pushy? 😇

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Robert Sears <kf7vop@...> wrote:

Shut up and take my money!

Robert/KF7VOP

On 9/20/2018 09:14 AM, Bryan Hoyer wrote:
Of course, we will publish the Product Brief at the same time.

On Sep 20, 2018, at 8:21 AM, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

It'd be nice to know what it is before I jump to buy it. I'm not Nancy Pelosi, to pass it to know what's in it, after all.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:55 AM Mike Moore <mikemoore@...> wrote:
Mike, I have seen mention of DRAWS but haven't seen what it is.  I am a thumbdv user and play with DSTAR and DMR.  Do I want to jump on this bandwagon?

73, KC2NM
Mike Moore
mikemoore@...
Cell, Text (585) 721-0011

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:15 AM Mike - KB0FX <mweilb@...> wrote:
I was at the DCC and I am very excited about the new DRAWS Pi-Hat. I am hoping it will be available very soon??

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time

How about posting the presentation from Summer Gathering or TAPR? I attended SG but was unable to see the DRAWS session due to other business. The product description on the website doesn't say much.

Bob AF9W

Robert Sears

[...]

Hi Mike,

I’ll be posting the Early Adopters Price later today!

Bryan K7UDR

On Sep 20, 2018, at 4:43 AM, Mike - KB0FX <mweilb@...> wrote:

I was at the DCC and I am very excited about the new DRAWS Pi-Hat. I am hoping it will be available very soon??

Mike - KB0FX

I was at the DCC and I am very excited about the new DRAWS Pi-Hat. I am hoping it will be available very soon??