[draws and udrc] [nw-digital-radio] DRAWS™ Cases have moved to production!

Don,

We will examine that possibility.  It would require drilling a hole for the pigtail and selecting an internal 5V point to power it.  The testing was done using the accessory jack on the end.

When Bryan publishes the thermals, our preliminary numbers indicate that the fan will not be necessary for most "in shack" installations.  We just wanted to make the option available for those installations where it is needed (e.g. an install in a high temperature environment).

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 11:34 AM Donald Jacob <wb5eku@...> wrote:
Hi John,
Glad we are finally seeing the case finalizede.
Is it possible to run the fan power wire inside the case?
Case will be a nice Christmas present.

73
Don
WB5EKU

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 11:28 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

k7udr posted: "We evaluated the latest samples last week and have approved them for production. Estimated delivery is 6-8 weeks, so we hope to be shipping by the end of the year. Both Early Adopter and Production Cases are now available for pre-order. We were able to"

New post on NW Digital Radio

DRAWS Cases have moved to production!

by k7udr

We evaluated the latest samples last week and have approved them for production. Estimated delivery is 6-8 weeks, so we hope to be shipping by the end of the year. Both Early Adopter and Production Cases are now available for pre-order.

We were able to provide a fan option for both Cases. We tested with this 25mm 5VDC Fan which provides ~10 Deg C temperature reduction when pushing into the case and is silent.

Maker Focus PI-FAN

I'll publish complete thermal results for the Pi 3 & 4 later this week.

Kingston, WA

Kingston, WA
K7VE