Topics

DRAWS Workstation (Turnkey version)

Ed

I am not very familiar with Linux, and don't know if I should order the "early adopter" DRAWS board, or wait for the complete DRAWS Workstation, with the pre-configured RPi.  Can you provide some info on when the complete workstation will be available, and what it will cost?

Thanks & 73,
Ed
N2BHD

Ed,

It is probably better for you to wait for the image to be ready.   It can be used with the board or workstation, but the workstation will be integrated and probably easier for those unfamiliar with Linux.

The workstation is slated (subject to change) to be just under $300 and should be available Q1 - 2019.

If response is similar to what we are seeing for the board, it will be in high demand upon release.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 11:13 AM Ed via Groups.Io <elancki=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am not very familiar with Linux, and don't know if I should order the "early adopter" DRAWS board, or wait for the complete DRAWS Workstation, with the pre-configured RPi.  Can you provide some info on when the complete workstation will be available, and what it will cost?

Thanks & 73,
Ed
N2BHD

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

ve7fmn@...

Hi John.

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

[...]

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Hi John.

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

ve7fmn@...

OK, I have two pis waiting for a task, so please advise when the cases are online.

Cheers, Fred

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

Edmonds, WA

K7VE

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.

It will be announced on our website and in these forums.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018, 17:34 <ve7fmn@... wrote:

OK, I have two pis waiting for a task, so please advise when the cases are online.

Cheers, Fred

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

Edmonds, WA

K7VE

Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.

Randy Hall

HI

I am wondering if Winlink along with the WinMore modem works on the Pi? A Pi with the DRAWs hat would make a neat  HF field package.

Randy, K7AGE

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:31 PM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:

Tnx bro

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

Edmonds, WA

K7VE

Jerome Kutche

Winmor only runs under WINOWS..

I run all my stuff under LinBPQ or in the case of a Pi PiLinbpq

There is a version of ARDOP that will run on a Pi. ARDOPC  I believe John G9BPQ has a ARDOPC 1 and an ARDOPC 2

Or you can run PiLinBPQ and control Winmor on a remote PC. This is how I run WINMOR ARDOP AND VARA. On a Remote Windows PC.. and its controlled by the Linux Server I have that runs LinBPQ…

73 jerry N9LYA

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

Edmonds, WA

K7VE

AE7G

Give me a call on my cell 206 920 7072

I ordered a Draws but maybe I should have waited?

Fred VE7FMN

Is there an upgrade route?

You will be able to obtain the image (an alpha, then beta) shortly - it is a matter of a download and placing it on an SD card.  When the cases become available you will be able to purchase one for your board.

The workstation is an integration of the board, case, etc. along with the Pi, but each component can be obtained separately.

Edmonds, WA

K7VE

ve7fmn@...

Perhaps a silly question, but will the new image support the earlier udrc-2 hat?

Yes - just configuration file changes, e.g. in /boot/config.txt

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 9:10 AM <ve7fmn@...> wrote:
Perhaps a silly question, but will the new image support the earlier udrc-2 hat?

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

aaron@...

Does anyone have pictures of the DRAWS Workstation?

Aaron,

No.  The manufacturing samples for the case are still being developed.  Photos will not be available before the samples arrive.

Photos will be shared on the company blog when available.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 2:37 PM <aaron@...> wrote:
Does anyone have pictures of the DRAWS Workstation?
_._,_._,_

Director