Topics

Dutch-Star web site

leslie norton <gm4jnw@...>

It seems i have a lot to learn about D-Star!

After doing a quick search on the net it looks like using a dongle is rather restricted compared to using a transceiver, from what i have read (tell me if I’m wrong) there is no way of routing or linking on a dongle.
Which appears to mean that you have reflectors ect and you are dependant on whether someone has linked your local repeater to that reflector, be that the owner of the repeater or someone with a transceiver creating the link.

Have i read it right?

I have worked through reflectors which is great as its almost like calling CQ but if I want to particularly call via my local repeater I cannot see a way with a dongle.

On 9 Mar 2017, at 01:50, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

D-STAR linking