Topics

DV3000

brizey02@...

Is it possible to just use the DV3000 to vocode auduio and pass it via TCP or UDP over a network? or would it need FEC and sync bits and such.

Bernd - OE7BSH <oe7bsh@...>

Hi,

On 01.04.2015 06:21, brizey02@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:

>Is it possible to just use the DV3000 to vocode auduio and pass
>it via TCP or UDP over a network? or would it need FEC and sync bits and such.

_,_._,___

yes, this is possible.   I used a DV3000 on a pi in my network here to stream the decoded data to a Win laptop with ircddbgateway and dummy repeater. Dummy repeater offers a device setting "dv 3000 via network"
73 de Bernd, OE7BSH
--
==================================
oe7bsh@... // http://www.qth.at/oe7bsh

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Yes.

The FEC in built into the data stream by the chip, so you don't need to do anything additional for FEC.

There is no existing program to do it, but it would be pretty straight forward.  The analog audio and AMBE go in and out of the chip (on the DV3000 or ThumbDV) over a UART interface.  You would just need to setup a program that listened for AMBE on a UDP socket and sent it to the DV3000 and take the returned audio packets and send them to your audio interface.  (UDP is preferred for real time audio.)

If you would like to write something, a good place to start would be https://github.com/dl5di/OpenDV/tree/master/DummyRepeater/DV3000  the AMBEserver code is there.  Look at dv3000d.c

Here is the manual on programming the chip http://www.dvsinc.com/manuals/AMBE-3000F_manual.pdf

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 9:21 PM, brizey02@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Is it possible to just use the DV3000 to vocode auduio and pass it via TCP or UDP over a network? or would it need FEC and sync bits and such.

Mike Lussier <mike.lussier@...>

Great to see some software written to encode decode Fusion system

Mike AE4ML

--
"We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker.It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." ~ Ronald Regan