Topics

DV3000 in Japan

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Note from our new friend Satoru, JA1SCW, on Olive Island in Japan

Since I started D-Star about two years ago, I have been looking for a solution
for a portable rig like the photo which consists of Raspberry Pi, DV3000,
sound card, software, WiFi, battery and smartphone. You may use them as
a friend of your daily exercise, walking!!

I made hotspots and node adapters in total six to seven sets, but this is the
very first ever set which is capable for accessing the networks supported by
ircDDBgateway software. At this moment of time, only remaining issue is
PTT as I prefer PTTing by using a speaker-mic rather than hitting a PTT
button on a smartphone screen.

I will be soon 70 years young! hi This requires skills for a soldering and
programming but hope everybody could overcome difficulties you may
be faced to. Thanks to a great product, DV3000 and people contributed
for launching it.  Very best 73s,  JA1SCW@ Olive Island in Japan

Thanks,  Satoru (Radio Name: Steve)