Topics

DV3000 questions

Tony Ross <ynotssor@...>

On 12/01/2015 08:53 AM, beaupeppybrandypip@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:

I found someones voice that the AMBE codec doesn't work properly with.
Precisely what is meant by that, please?

beaupeppybrandypip@...

Just that if I run this persons voice through AMBE-3000 encode/decode, the AMBE chip doesn't seem to work properly.

"del_swt@..." <del_swt@...>

Weird,  seems ok using Ralcwi or twelve vocoders though.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

Tony Ross <ynotssor@...>

On 12/05/2015 01:43 AM, beaupeppybrandypip@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:
Just that if I run this persons voice through AMBE-3000 encode/decode, the AMBE chip doesn't seem to work properly.
Still a totally ambiguous reply.

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

AMBE is a vocoder, meaning it is trying to recognize speech, not just audio, and then reproduce it on decode.  Cath is saying she has found a person's voice that the vocoder isn't recognizing and coding in such a way as to reproduce properly out the other end.