Topics

DV3000 Speeds

robert@...

Has anybody run and/or tested the DV3000 running at 460.8K baud instead of 230.4K baud?

I have an application for them, but need them to run at the higher data rate.

Robert

N5QM

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

If you look at the schematic at http://nwdigitalradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DV3000DS.pdf in the upper right you will see where you cut the default jumper and then can jumper for the higher baud rate.

You will also need to increase (double?) the init_uart_clock in /boot/config.txt  (and reboot).

I haven't tested production units at the higher rate and the DVSI notes indicate the 230.4 rate is optimum, but worth a go.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 8:26 PM, robert@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Has anybody run and/or tested the DV3000 running at 460.8K baud instead of 230.4K baud?

I have an application for them, but need them to run at the higher data rate.

Robert

N5QM

Robert Garcia <robert@...>

John,

Thank you for the reply.  I will scrub the datasheets again as I seem to have missed the recommendation on that speed.

The cause for my question and wonder is that the DVSI branded AMBE-3000 USB sticks are set to 460,800 from the factory and there are many applications written around that speed.

Needless to say my attempt to modify my USB stick to run at that speed ended when I broke one of the pins off of the IC.

I am hoping a future release may give us user selectable speed settings for the ThumbDV.

Robert
N5QM