Topics

DV3000U Cant find AMBE Dongle on port specified.

fitzfitzfitz@...

Hi All:

I get this error message at start up every time.  Windows 7 system,  I can't even find the dongle anywhere on the machine but Win seems to know its installed?

What am I doing wrong.

Any help please.

Thanks

Rob.

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Are you running AMBEserver?  That error message mean that it did not find the device.

I am assuming you are using a ThumbDV.

If you have not already done it click on the link AMBEServerWin at the top of the page

Use the -x flag when you start it up so that you get debug information

e.g. AMBEserver.exe -c 7 -x

Then startup dummyrepeater, if it is configured properly you should see it requesting if the device is running under AMBEserver.exe and it will reply with AMBE3000R (and other information).  If dummyrepeater doesn't see this string, it gives the error message you see.

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM, fitzfitzfitz@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Hi All:

I get this error message at start up every time.  Windows 7 system,  I can't even find the dongle anywhere on the machine but Win seems to know its installed?

What am I doing wrong.

Any help please.

Thanks

Rob.

"flightresq@..." <flightresq@...>

Does this receive 700 MHz digital?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM, fitzfitzfitz@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...m> wrote:

Hi All:

I get this error message at start up every time.  Windows 7 system,  I can't even find the dongle anywhere on the machine but Win seems to know its installed?

What am I doing wrong.

Any help please.

Thanks

Rob.

The ThumbDV is not a radio, it is a vocoder that converts to and from a digital stream (AMBE) which it receives or sends to a radio.

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM, 'flightresq@...' flightresq@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Does this receive 700 MHz digital?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

"flightresq@..." <flightresq@...>

Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

The ThumbDV is not a radio, it is a vocoder that converts to and from a digital stream (AMBE) which it receives or sends to a radio.

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM, 'flightresq@...' flightresq@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Does this receive 700 MHz digital?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

sideshowbob0374@...

Hi John,

I just received my DV3000U today and I am having the same problem.  I've read through the instructions for ambeserverwin and still need some help.  I am using a netbook running windows 7.  Now, first thing is I have downloaded the most current version of ircddbgateway and dummy repeater.  I am familiar with those programs and have set them up accordingly.  I am having problems with where to extract the AMBEseverWin files.  You say to save them to a directory but unfortunately I do not know how to do that or where to put them on the computer so the zip file currently sits on my desktop.  Also, if I extract these files to my desktop and type the command you gave above AMBEserver.exe -c22 -x (the dv3000 is on com port 22 in my case) I receive an error message.  I'm guessing because I haven't extracted the files to the proper place. If you could give me step by step instruction on the entire process, I would greatly appreciate it.  thanks in advanced and I look forward to getting the dv3000 up and running!

Rob Antonacci
AA6RA

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Hi Bob,

If you unzipped in the Desktop, then you need to open a command window (http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/command-prompt-windows-7.htm)

Then change your directory to your Desktop, if your login is Bob and you use disk C:

cd \Users\Bob\Desktop

Then issue the command

AMBEserver.exe -c 22 -x

The AMBEserver should start up.

[...]