Topics

DV 3000 for P 25

n5vgq@...

Has anyone whiten any software that will allow the DV-3000 to receive P-25 as of yet. Most of the public safety stuff around here has went or is going to it.   I just can't see spending that much money for  a new scanner just to listen every once in a while.  Jim

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Depends on which P-25.

P-25 Phase 1 uses IMBE, the DV3000 does not have IMBE.
P-25 Phase 2 HR uses AMBE and the DV3000 can be set for it.  A couple of people have modified DSD to use DV3000.  DSD handles the modem/protocol and the DV3000 handles the AMBE decoding.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:25 PM, n5vgq@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Has anyone whiten any software that will allow the DV-3000 to receive P-25 as of yet. Most of the public safety stuff around here has went or is going to it.   I just can't see spending that much money for  a new scanner just to listen every once in a while.  Jim

Posted by: n5vgq@...

n5vgq@...

Yes John phase 2 is what I was interested in along with my D-Star.  Jim

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Then, yes there are people doing this but I don't have a public (or even private) repository to point you to yet.