Topics

error: unable to retrieve device version

Jp Colville <colville500@...>

got this error on both a pc and a tablet. windows 10. any ideas?

What program? Do you have the correct com port and baud rate?

On Dec 19, 2016 21:03, "Jp Colville" <colville500@...> wrote:

got this error on both a pc and a tablet. windows 10. any ideas?

Jp Colville <colville500@...>

It was the baud rate setting.just figured that part out...but....  i am using the 1.5.8 software version. Now it seems that I am not connected, and the connect button is grayed out. i am making a little headway, that baud issue really had me going there. Thanks for your help John.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Jp Colville <colville500@...> wrote:
It was the baud rate setting.just figured that part out...but....  i am using the 1.5.8 software version. Now it seems that I am not connected, and the connect button is grayed out. i am making a little headway, that baud issue really had me going there. Thanks for your help John.

Jp Colville <colville500@...>

ok John....getting close....I can connect now, was messing with the gateway settings. I don't hear anyone...but  I am connected now. What should my gateway settings be?

REF030 C  and REF001 C  are two of the busiest - connect to them and listen for awhile.  Try putting out a call.

I don't use WinDV on a day to day basis (I tend to use RF or Buster with AMBEserver), so perhaps someone who does can provide additional input.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 3:52 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
REF030 C  and REF001 C  are two of the busiest - connect to them and listen for awhile.  Try putting out a call.

I don't use WinDV on a day to day basis (I tend to use RF or Buster with AMBEserver), so perhaps someone who does can provide additional input.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Jp Colville <colville500@...> wrote:
ok John....getting close....I can connect now, was messing with the gateway settings. I don't hear anyone...but  I am connected now. What should my gateway settings be?

-- aparently no one tells a guy he needs to register with the dstar network. Even the you tube vid i saw doesnt tell you that. Whynare they so secrative about getting this going, no directions from mw digital. i dont get it

j.lineback

Follow your instincts  and browse for DStar.  The first hit you should see is dstarinfo.  Front page says "Am I registered?"

Sent from my iPhone