Topics

here is my digital dstar radio

David Warden <dwarden3@...>

All digital dstar "radio"! This was $180 to put together.

thumbDV plus one Winbook 7" tablet running Windows 8.1. I'm using WinDV 1.5.8 preview 1.

I was using Ambe server, dummy repeater, and ircddbgateway before I got Windv.

Has been working well so far. battery life on Winbook is somewhat limited, so I just leave it plugged in while monitoring reflectors.

David
KG7NKG
Sent from my iPhone

georgecave59@...

How/where did you get WinDV 1.5.8 Preview 1.

Currently using 1.5.7 on my win 7 desktop.  No luck getting the DV thumbdrive to connect with onboard audio.

any suggestions?

Thanks Steve

W4MWX

John Hays <john@...>

Go to the DUTCH*Star site and send a request to Fred for the beta.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2015, at 19:38, georgecave59@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

How/where did you get WinDV 1.5.8 Preview 1.

Currently using 1.5.7 on my win 7 desktop.  No luck getting the DV thumbdrive to connect with onboard audio.

any suggestions?

Thanks Steve

W4MWX

David Warden <dwarden3@...>

You need to send a message to Fred to get the beta version.

David R. Warden III
Sent from my iPhone

purelightimages@...

Hi David,
My DV3000U is working great with my Samsung Notebook Windows 8 machine. I am having difficulty with my WinBook TW700, Windows 8.1 Tablet. I do have the Beta 1.5.8 software but have gotten errors trying it. Could you share with the group your settings? Not sure of comport, selections are 1 or 3. Tried both, no success. Other settings are difficult to see on the WinBook. Any way to increas the size of the text on display?
Thanks,
Steve-WB9ZNL

David Warden <dwarden3@...>

First make sure all other programs are closed including any apps. Check under device manager and serial ports to confirm which port you are using. If in doubt pull out the thumbDV while watching the com ports in device manage and you will see the thumb dv com port dissappear to confirm the right number. Use the magnifier program in windows to see the tiny text when choosing reflectors. Close the magnifier down when done with it because it seems to interfere with the thumbDV sound. I have been informed that pressing the space turns on the transmit button so you don't have to try to hit the tiny transmit button. I have had several crashes and a few lock ups. It's beta software. Otherwise it works pretty well. good luck

David
KG7NKG
Sent from my iPhone

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

A couple of other hints.

Use the Quick Tune buttons (you may have to activate their display from the menu) for your favorite linking destinations, much easier to hit.

When in a pull-down menu (like the Repeater/Reflector list), the "left/right" arrow keys help navigate the list.

A little bluetooth keyboard/touchpad is handy.  http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEZ3PCQ

If you would like to see UI changes, e.g. a full-screen or tablet friendly mode -- contact the author.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 3:08 PM, David Warden dwarden3@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

First make sure all other programs are closed including any apps. Check under device manager and serial ports to confirm which port you are using. If in doubt pull out the thumbDV while watching the com ports in device manage and you will see the thumb dv com port dissappear to confirm the right number. Use the magnifier program in windows to see the tiny text when choosing reflectors. Close the magnifier down when done with it because it seems to interfere with the thumbDV sound. I have been informed that pressing the space turns on the transmit button so you don't have to try to hit the tiny transmit button. I have had several crashes and a few lock ups. It's beta software. Otherwise it works pretty well. good luck

David
KG7NKG
Sent from my iPhone

usmc8800@...