Topics

Is it possible to run voice and packet over the same repeater (DR1X) if running 12.5 khz for each?

Austin - KF7SIW

We are starting to get a lot more interest in packet, but we can't put two systems up to run a voice repeater and packet node at the same time. If we can get 2 modes by narrow banding it would allow us to increase our capability for emergencies.

We have not done the engineering or testing for such a solution, but it should be possible either at FM or NFM.

The latest direwolf modem has a duplex mode, which should be able to handle repeating.   It would be a matter of wiring up a UDRC in the same manner as we do for D-STAR and running direwolf, let the internal controller on the DR-1X run the voice side and the UDRC/Direwolf on the packet side.  Be sure to CTCSS Xmit and Receive for voice -- your users won't enjoy listening to packet on their voice repeater :)

There is a udrc sub-group here, which would be better to continue the discussion with UDRC users.

Be careful of DR-1X firmware updates since release of DR-2X.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:20 AM, Austin <mail@...> wrote:
We are starting to get a lot more interest in packet, but we can't put two systems up to run a voice repeater and packet node at the same time. If we can get 2 modes by narrow banding it would allow us to increase our capability for emergencies.

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Austin - KF7SIW

Edited

Thanks for the info. I reposted in the subgroup.

Jerome Kutche <n9lya@...>

Hi am New to the group.. I am very interested in this aspect of it as I am hearing there is a larger interest in packet if this were accomplished... How can I help... 73 Jerry N9LYA