Topics

KC3ESS B Dstar repeater

Good morning, I hope someone has figured out how to do this. Internet at the site is not an option. If anyone has figured out how to do this, I am all ears.

For over 2 years I have had my Dstar repeater running at my remote site with no internet using a gateway and link radio at my home. I am using a clever device from Advanced Repeater Systems at the site called a Dstar repeater control board that enables transmit when it hears a 4800 baud digital signal (Dstar) at the remote site.

I would like to include DMR on the repeater using an MMDVM type board giving me both modes however the ARS board by design only passes Dstar.

I figure some clever Repeater Builder type has figured out how to do this so more than one digital mode can pass through the repeater.

I realize I could just put the MSF5000 in carrier squelch but then any garbage could pass.

Thoughts are most welcome.

73, Ted W3VG

Ted,

I would check out our web site (www.openquad.net) on the TAB "What's new" and read up on the information concerning the Transcoding Server.   For demos and direct understanding, you are more than welcome to check in and chat with us on X-Reflector  "XRF757 C" about how or what type of configuration you might be able to work out with an experiment with implementing DMR <==> D-Star.

Will / W4WWM

QuadNet Admin Team