Topics

Live Streaming of Microhams Digital Conference 2018

Live Streaming of Microhams Digital Conference 2018

http://www.microhams.com/2018/03/22/mhdc-2018-live-stream/

Tomorrow, Saturday, 3/24/2018 is the MHDC-2018 – this conference sold out immediately last January and many people who wanted to attend were unable to get tickets.

KU7M – Kenny Richards, will be live streaming the event.  All times are US Pacific Daylight Savings Time (UTC-7).  Use the above link to find the live stream on YouTube.

Current Speaker List :

Joe Taylor– We are pleased to announce that Professor Joe Taylor, K1JT will be speaking at this year’s conference.  Joe is Professor Emeritus of Physics at Princeton, Nobel Laureate and author of the JT digital modes.

Bryan Hoyer– One of the conference’s past presenters, Bryan Hoyer K7UDR of NW Digital Radio  , will be giving a talk on “The APRS of Things” and demonstrating their newest products.

John Langner–  WB2OSZ, the author of the Direwolf sound card TNC will be speaking.

Ken Koster – N7IPB will present using SvxLink to connect a network of 220 repeaters in the Pacific Northwest. SvxLink runs on a linux computer and provides a custom dual radio interface for FM voice repeater control and linking over the Internet. Ken will provide an overview of how a mix of repeaters are connected via RFLinks and the Internet, as well as the real-time status information available via the web.

Alex Schwarz– VE7DXW the developer of the RF-Seismograph and MDSR will present the results of the RF-Noise monitoring experiment during the solar eclipse and the turbulent solar activity (including the strongest X-Ray flare in 30 years) that followed.

Guus van Dooren– PE1PLM Entrepreneur and creator of DVMEGA.  Guus will discuss the latest D-Star developments.

[Note; I am simply sharing the information and will not be able to provide any technical or logistical assistance.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1sWCtVzzak

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Ken Koster

On Friday, March 23, 2018 9:40:36 AM PDT John D Hays - K7VE wrote:

> Live Streaming of Microhams Digital Conference 2018

> http://www.microhams.com/2018/03/22/mhdc-2018-live-stream/

> Tomorrow, Saturday, 3/24/2018 is the MHDC-2018 – this conference sold out

> immediately last January and many people who wanted to attend were unable

> to get tickets.

> KU7M – Kenny Richards, will be live streaming the event. All times are US

> Pacific Daylight Savings Time (UTC-7). Use the above link to find the live

> stream on YouTube.

> Current Speaker List :

> *Ken Koster* – N7IPB will present using SvxLink <http://www.svxlink.org/> to

> connect a network of 220 repeaters in the Pacific Northwest. SvxLink runs

> on a linux computer and provides a custom dual radio interface for FM voice

> repeater control and linking over the Internet. Ken will provide an

> overview of how a mix of repeaters are connected via RFLinks and the

> Internet, as well as the real-time status information available via the

> web.

Unfortunately that cold that has been going around still has me firmly in it's grip so I won't be speaking. Instead I'll be sitting at home watching the stream and drinking warm liquids.

--

Ken - N7IPB

Email: n7ipb@...

JID: n7ipb@...

PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056 122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A

“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

jspitznagel@...

John,

Thanks for allowing this and thanks to KU7M for doing live play.

Is it possible to post an approximate schedule for the talks?

Will the be recorded and available on youtube afterward?

Thanks in advance.

Jack KD4IZ

On Mar 23, 2018, at 12:40, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

[...]

As I said, I am only passing along information.

Past history shows that talks may be moved around -- I got a note from N7IPB that he will be unable to speak, so there will probably be a substitute.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:28 AM, John Spitznagel <jspitznagel@...> wrote:
[...]

Kenny Richards

Jack,

Your welcome, but I am one of a small team making this happen. Dennis-K7DEN is doing most of the heavy lifting and David-W7CF is our inside man at MSFT.

The schedule is will be posted tonight, a last minute change had to be worked out due to one of the speakers being sick. Look for it on the MicroHAM site in a couple hours.

The entire stream will be saved and made available via Youtube. We try to also break out the individual talks, clean them up, so they can be reposted separately. But that depends on available time from the local video editor.

73,
Kenny, KU7M

John Spitznagel <jspitznagel@...>

Fantastic! You guys are the greatest.