Event Details
Date: March 23, 2013
Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
Registration Available Now! (See the site)
Agenda Available on the site

73,
Kenny, KU7M

Dave <dave@...>

  Any chance of videos of the conference for those of us near the left coast?  If they could extend the Seattle network over the mountains, those of us in northern Idaho and eastern WA would be interested.

Dave - WB6DHW

On 2/4/2013 8:58 PM, richark wrote:

Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc

I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference! The event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the Microsoft 'Studio West' campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda this year is a little different then previous years, rather then covering a wide variety of topics, it is very focus on digital networking.

We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway and are leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for Amateur radio. The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM program, which has been getting lots of traction the last couple months. The HamWAN project is attempting to provide a high speed wireless backbone for the greater Seattle area and we'll get an update on its status. Additionally the guys from NWDigitalRadio will be back to give us an update on the very cool UDK56K digital transceiver, which was one of the coolest things announced at Dayton last year. (And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally we'll get a run down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry Pi, which is being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last year.

Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the Microsoft campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event. Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00 at the door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and have arranged pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is necessary) In addition to the presentations, a demo area will be setup along side the conference space and door prizes will be given away.

Event Details
Date: March 23, 2013
Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
Registration Available Now! (See the site)
Agenda Available on the site

73,
Kenny, KU7M

"richark" <richark@...>

Dave,

We try to record all of the talks, but I'm afraid getting them edited and posted hasn't always happen. (I'm still sitting on last years!)

If I can find someone willing to-do the editing work, I'd love to have the posted.

73,
Kenny

Date: March 23, 2013
Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
Registration Available Now! (See the site)
Agenda Available on the site

73,
Kenny, KU7M

_

Dave <dave@...>

Kenny:
  Perhaps Gary Pearce KN4AQ of HamRadioNow would be interested.

Dave- WB6DHW

On 2/4/2013 10:08 PM, richark wrote:

Dave,

We try to record all of the talks, but I'm afraid getting them edited and posted hasn't always happen. (I'm still sitting on last years!)

If I can find someone willing to-do the editing work, I'd love to have the posted.

73,
Kenny

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Dave wrote:

> Any chance of videos of the conference for those of us near the left
> coast? If they could extend the Seattle network over the mountains,
> those of us in northern Idaho and eastern WA would be interested.
>
> Dave - WB6DHW
>

> On 2/4/2013 8:58 PM, richark wrote:
> >
> > Event information is available here: http://www.microhams.com/mhdc
> >
> > I'm happy to announce the six annual MicroHAMS Digital Conference! The
> > event is scheduled for March 23, 2013 and will again be held on the
> > Microsoft 'Studio West' campus, located in Redmond, WA. The agenda
> > this year is a little different then previous years, rather then
> > covering a wide variety of topics, it is very focus on digital networking.
> >
> > We have talks about two local efforts which are currently underway and
> > are leveraging off the shelf wireless networking technology for
> > Amateur radio. The NW-MESH effort is a spin-off of the ARRL HSMM
> > program, which has been getting lots of traction the last couple
> > months. The HamWAN project is attempting to provide a high speed
> > wireless backbone for the greater Seattle area and we'll get an update
> > on its status. Additionally the guys from NWDigitalRadio will be back
> > to give us an update on the very cool UDK56K digital transceiver,
> > which was one of the coolest things announced at Dayton last year.
> > (And we got a sneak peak at MHDC last year) Finally we'll get a run
> > down of interesting things you can do with the Raspberry Pi, which is
> > being leveraged all over ham radio since its introduction last year.
> >
> > Because of space limitations and parking requirements on the Microsoft
> > campus, we are strongly suggesting pre-registering for the event.
> > Registration is $30.00 if done prior to the event and will be $35.00
> > at the door. We have a web-based sign-up form (details below) and have
> > arranged pre-payment via the Paypal service. (No Paypal account is
> > necessary) In addition to the presentations, a demo area will be setup
> > along side the conference space and door prizes will be given away.
> >
> > Event Details
> > Date: March 23, 2013
> > Location: Redmond, WA (on the 'Studio West' Microsoft campus)
> > Time: 8:30 to 17:00+
> > Lunch: Sub sandwiches (provided)
> > After Event: Pizza Gathering (local pizza place, to be named later)
> > Cost: $30 if pre-registered and $35 at the door
> > Registration Available Now! (See the site)
> > Agenda Available on the site
> >
> > 73,
> > Kenny, KU7M

"richark" <richark@...>

Dave,

That is interesting, I was also thinking about how we could pull Gary into this in a way that would work for both parties. I'm afraid we can't afford to 'pay' him to come out and shoot the conference. I think the club would be OK with him doing it and 'owning' the content, but I don't know if it would make sense for him. I'll drop him a note and see what he thinks....

I've also had the suggestion to 'broadcast' the conference using Google Hangouts. This is another interesting approach, but will require some more investigation.

73,
Kenny, KU7M