Von: UniversalDigitalRadio@...
[mailto:UniversalDigitalRadio@...] Im Auftrag von John D. Hays
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2012 02:43
An: UniversalDigitalRadio@...
Betreff: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Modifying the Design

Josh,

Keeping this short :)

1. The radio side has a very small part count and very high integration.
For the most part, moving to another band has to do with some discrete
components and the PA module. I'm sure some enterprising person will
figure out "unsupported" mods. This radio expects logic level digital in
and out, we aren't taking things to audio level at all, the analog in it
is at the antenna :) The computer side and radio side are separable if
one wanted to really dig into building something to replace the radio.

2. It may be possible to "hack" in a serial interface if a user really
feels the need. But remember there is no need for any external TNC, etc.
except in special circumstances -- one can add them, but the radio does
most functions internally. One of the goals is to keep it an attractive
price, so we try to minimize the extra add-ons that turn it into a
duckbill platypus.

Thanks for your input, enthusiasm, and support. I welcome suggestions and
they will be taken into consideration, however we do have an aggressive
goal and at this point in time, I'm inclined to work toward delivery of
the product we have presented.

One of our principles is to listen to the user community and to be as
responsive and open as possible, with the caveat that some of our team
members still have "day jobs" and other obligations :)

I would rather be open about what we are or can do, than to promise
everything and deliver little of it.

________________________________

<http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>
<http://www.facebook.com/john.d.hays>

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Joshua Mesilane <josh@....au>
wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.

To avoid this getting too big I'll snip out the bits I'd like to add
further comment/clarification to.

Interesting to hear your thoughts. As I said, I do think that this
in a fantastic product, and keep in mind this is only my opinion - nothing
more.

Cheers,
Josh