Topics

Net TNC

Scott Currie
 

Any news on Net TNC? Anxiously waiting!!!

-Scott

Eubank, Greg (MVA) <Greg.Eubank@...>
 

I saw that it was on the agenda for the recent conference in King County, and I was hoping that there would be some sort of announcement as to what it is and what it does.  I couldn’t afford to travel to the conference to find out more about it and there is nothing about it on the web.

 

- Greg -

 

From: Scott Currie [mailto:scott.d.currie@...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:57
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [nw-digital-radio] Net TNC

 

Any news on Net TNC? Anxiously waiting!!!

-Scott

Steve Stroh
 

I’m going to summarize imperfectly. 

The intent is to productize a Raspberry Pi 3 + UDRC2 + enclosure using simplified, streamlined software and sell it as a turnkey unit much like TNCs like the KPC-9612 is sold through Amateur Radio retailers. There would be multiple versions including one that would bundle the “micro radio” that they also discussed. 

Agreed - puzzling that they haven’t discussed it more publicly. 

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 17:21 Eubank, Greg (MVA) <Greg.Eubank@...> wrote:

I saw that it was on the agenda for the recent conference in King County, and I was hoping that there would be some sort of announcement as to what it is and what it does.  I couldn’t afford to travel to the conference to find out more about it and there is nothing about it on the web.

 

- Greg -

 

From: Scott Currie [mailto:scott.d.currie@...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:57
To: main@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: [nw-digital-radio] Net TNC

 

Any news on Net TNC? Anxiously waiting!!!

-Scott

--
Steve Stroh (personal / general): stevestroh@...

Curt, WE7U
 

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Steve Stroh wrote:

Agreed - puzzling that they haven?t discussed it more publicly.
Development takes time, particularly for a quality product. I'd give it to them. ;-)

--
Curt, WE7U. http://we7u.wetnet.net
"The world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!"
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com

Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj@...>
 


On Nov 22, 2017, at 7:38 AM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u@...> wrote:

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Steve Stroh wrote:

Agreed - puzzling that they haven?t discussed it more publicly.

Development takes time, particularly for a quality product. I'd give it to them.  ;-)

The lazy main developer of the idea and code has had some significant life events happen in the past six months that have taken almost all of my hobby time away from them.  Some of those life events are coming to a conclusion, and that should give them more time to work on the idea and hopefully come out with a first release of the code soon-ish.  That developer usually is motivated by showing things off at conferences and is intending to attend MicroHAMS.  You can draw your own conclusions…

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com

Jeremy McDermond

Kenny Richards
 

I thought lazy developers were motivated by beer? Are you saying fame is also useful tool? ;-)



On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj@...> wrote:

On Nov 22, 2017, at 7:38 AM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u@...> wrote:

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Steve Stroh wrote:

Agreed - puzzling that they haven?t discussed it more publicly.

Development takes time, particularly for a quality product. I'd give it to them.  ;-)

The lazy main developer of the idea and code has had some significant life events happen in the past six months that have taken almost all of my hobby time away from them.  Some of those life events are coming to a conclusion, and that should give them more time to work on the idea and hopefully come out with a first release of the code soon-ish.  That developer usually is motivated by showing things off at conferences and is intending to attend MicroHAMS.  You can draw your own conclusions…

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com

Jeremy McDermond