Topics

New 3D print case design for DRAWS #draws #case

vk2psf@...

I have aded a new case design for the DRAWS Hat (Jun-2019 edition with the GPS SMA port at the back.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3743033

I may look at adding power poles to it, probably as a replacement lid design.

.../alex

JT Croteau

Nice work Alex, will you be doing one for the Pi4?

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 08:38 <vk2psf@...> wrote:
I have aded a new case design for the DRAWS Hat (Jun-2019 edition with the GPS SMA port at the back.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3743033

I may look at adding power poles to it, probably as a replacement lid design.

.../alex

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

Alex,

Nice design.

Did you have one for the original DRAWS with the GPS port in the side and the power out of the end?
I would be very interested in checking that out if you had it.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access

I have aded a new case design for the DRAWS Hat (Jun-2019 edition with the GPS SMA port at the back.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3743033

I may look at adding power poles to it, probably as a replacement lid design.

.../alex

Ryan W Leathers

+1 for that Alex. If you have a case with power pole out the back and GPS out the side I want one!

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019, 11:19 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via Groups.Io <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Alex,

Nice design.

Did you have one for the original DRAWS with the GPS port in the side and the power out of the end?
I would be very interested in checking that out if you had it.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access

I have aded a new case design for the DRAWS Hat (Jun-2019 edition with the GPS SMA port at the back.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3743033

I may look at adding power poles to it, probably as a replacement lid design.

.../alex

vk2psf@...

Here is a link to the "OLD" design by N0KZ.  I haven't built it but it looks right.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3333435

WB7DFV

Thanks, VK2PSF ....

73,

WB7DFV

On 7/12/2019 1:48 PM, vk2psf@... wrote:
Here is a link to the "OLD" design by N0KZ.  I haven't built it but it looks right.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3333435

There may be thermal considerations for a Rpi 4 -- so report back when you try one.  Metal cases are better than acrylic or plastic for helping dissipating heat.

We don't have numbers, but reports are that the 4 runs warmer than the 3.

Kingston, WA
K7VE

vk2psf@...

The Pi 4 version as well as an Anderson Plug version are now updated in the same thingiverse entry.
Personally i’m not updating my DRAWS to the new Pi 4 for some time, don’t really need it yet and I think there is some settling of the kernel and other bits, the same issue arose when the 3B+ was first introduced.
Temperature, under “normal” use I haven’t hit any problems with thermals yet, however I am trying to design something to let a fan operate, unfortunately the design of the board, with connectors on all sides, makes this difficult.

Absolutely.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 4:04 PM <vk2psf@...> wrote:
... I am trying to design something to let a fan operate, unfortunately the design of the board, with connectors on all sides, makes this difficult.

Kingston, WA
K7VE

Dave Phelps

I'm still holding tight for the metal case I ordered.