Topics

[New post] Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS™ Workstation

k7udr posted: "The DRAWS Workstation Case We are excited to give you a preview of the new DRAWS Workstation with it's beautiful red and black anodized aluminum case.  We have received our first manufacturing samples, and they look great. As with any "

New post on NW Digital Radio

.

Sample Cases Have Arrived for DRAWS Workstation

by k7udr

The DRAWS Workstation Case

We are excited to give you a preview of the new DRAWS Workstation with it's beautiful red and black anodized aluminum case.  We have received our first manufacturing samples, and they look great.

As with any new design, there are some minor adjustments that need to be made before production. We are in the process of generating those change orders and they will  be in the hands of our OEM shortly.  This whole process, from change orders, to manufacturing, to delivery, will take approximately 6 weeks.  Look for cases in March.  We will open orders for the case once the production run is initiated.

The MSRP for the case will be $24.95.  As a thank you to our early adopters, we will offer the case for $19.95 for a limited time. (Standard shipping, plus sales taxes for Washington residents will apply.)

We will also announce pricing for the kit and fully assembled versions of the DRAWS Workstation in the coming weeks.  Details to follow.

Power Solution:

After much research, we have settled on a 5.5/2.1 mm Barrel Connector. This is the same connector used by the KPC3+, Elecraft KX3, and other consumer electronics. There are many 12VDC power supplies available with this barrel connector pre-installed. (You may even find a few in your junk box!)

The cases will ship with the panel mount socket which is soldered to the pigtail supplied with the DRAWS board. The first run, early adopters will need to modify the connector on the board slightly to fit in the case; we'll supply an app note. The next, and future, runs will not require any changes.

Powerwerx offers a standard cable to Anderson Powerpoles: DC21ST $7.99

k7udr | February 4, 2019 at 8:57 am | Categories: DRAWS | URL: https://wp.me/p2mAAP-1xv

http://nwdigitalradio.com/sample-cases-have-arrived-for-draws-workstation/

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Dave Phelps

Sold.

Daniel Corwin

What is being done with the case to minimize the RFI being produced by the PI?

Dave Amos <damos54@...>

What material is used?

On 3/23/2019 1:38 PM, Daniel Corwin wrote:
What is being done with the case to minimize the RFI being produced by the PI?

The case is 2 piece 5052 Aluminum. Given the number of openings required for all of the connectors and the fact that the Pi mounting holes are not grounded, I doubt there is much practical shielding at the higher frequencies.

If you have access to a test facility, please contact me off-group at sales@... and we can discuss further.

Bryan K7UDR

John Amdor III

Did I miss the presale opportunity for the Workstation case?

John K0MXL

August Johnson

I saw no mention. I want in on the presale also.

August KG7BZ

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 8:17 AM <johnmxl@...> wrote:
Did I miss the presale opportunity for the Workstation case?

John K0MXL

Cases, Kits, and Turnkey Units will all be available for order on April 15th

73
Bryan K7UDR

Julian OH8STN <julian@...>

Outstanding Bryan, that's great news.