Topics

Newbie with Thumb DV3000 problems on Windows 10

merliniac@...

I have a brand new NWDigitalRadio.com Thumb DV3000U and the "DV Node for Windows" application keeps locking up. I have tried to configure it as per the directions but it just keeps dying and closing on its own. Also, I almost got to the step of setting a gateway and continue to get a "ERROR!! : The registration of this CallSign not approved !" message.

So it is obvious I'm going to need to get some handholding on getting this to work. Can I get help via this group of is there another support option for me?

Thanks,

Richard L.

Corona, CA

KK6YHQ

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Richard,

You don't appear to have a G2 callsign registration, you can check at http://query.ke5bms.com/index.php

Find a local G2 Gateway and follow these directions:
http://www.dstargateway.org/D-Star_Registration.html

There is a gateway in Corona https://wb6ba.dstargateway.org/Dstar.do but you can register on another (but only register on one) -- http://www.dstarusers.org/repeaters.php?repeatersort=5

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 4:44 PM, merliniac@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I have a brand new NWDigitalRadio.com Thumb DV3000U and the "DV Node for Windows" application keeps locking up. I have tried to configure it as per the directions but it just keeps dying and closing on its own. Also, I almost got to the step of setting a gateway and continue to get a "ERROR!! : The registration of this CallSign not approved !" message.

So it is obvious I'm going to need to get some handholding on getting this to work. Can I get help via this group of is there another support option for me?

Thanks,

Richard L.

Corona, CA

KK6YHQ

Richard Lewis <merliniac@...>

The link you gave me I had tried before - it is dead.