Topics

Noobie Question Serial Port & Sound Card

kj5fa@...

These must be really simple things to resolve cause I can't see where anyone else has the issues I am having.

I have the DV3000 card that I am trying to run on a Rpi2.

The first thing I had to change to get my RPi to boot-up after making intial changes(speeding up clock and disabling serial port) to add DV3000 to the Rpi2 was this line:
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait

I had to change to be:

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait

Does that sound right? But I was able to boot-up after making this change.

I did get the results for the AMBEserver test when running the sudo python AMBEtest2.py test.

Installed IRCDDBGateway and setup using examples from the Amateurlogic.tv dv3000.pdf.

When I run the sudo dummyrepeater command, I can not select the USB sound card. The card shows up as a selection in alsamixer, though. And then if I select DVSerial for the Dongle, I have only a slection of none or /dev/ttyAMA0. If I select the AMA0, when I launch dummyrepeater the next time it tells me it can't find the AMBE Dongle on the specified port. How do I know which port this should be looking for?

I am still fairly new at the raspberry pi and linux, so thanks for all the help and patience you can give me.

73s de KJ5FA,

Kevin