Topics

AW: PAVE/PAWS (Over-The-Horizon radar - shades of the woodpecker - in reverse!)

Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...>

If the designers would have asked ... I would have said earlier that more
bands in the upper range is better (more bandwidth, higher bad rate, smaller
antennas ... grin)

... so ... WHAT DO OTHER GROUP MEMBERS THINK???

Would you like a 3 band radio (70cm, 23cm 13cm) ???
Yes - of course!

But.....

I want a basic single band single feature (data!!!) radio yesterday!
We can get more bands and more features with product updates..
Changes add months to the release cycle and we (Ham radio) can't
afford to wait... One step at a time...

Bill, WA7NWP

PS. I was very happy to have Argent Data release their low power UHF
data radio even though there was a major issue with the receiver.
That release means we all can be working with different aspects of the
new technology and not waiting...