Topics

AW: PAVE/PAWS (Over-The-Horizon radar - shades of the woodpecker - in reverse!)

Mark L Friedlander <marklfriedlander@...>

Sigi,

You asked what other group members think so I tell you what I think.

Your design suggestions may very well be good ones. I don't know, but the UDRX is a commercial product for sale by what appears to be a group of Ham radio operators who:

1) Are really interested in advancing the state of the art.

2) Have made substantial investments of time, effort and I imagine not an insignificant amount of $$$$ over an extended period of time

It seems to me that the UDRX is their vision to complete and it's pretty clear that your suggestions may be considered for future efforts but not for this one. You might want to give this topic a rest and let the UDR folks do what they set out to do.

73 Mark KV4I

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 5:13 PM, siegfried jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

Haa ha nice answer .. but does not help here

I asked a serious question and also told a reason for changing

If car manufacturer has made a new model ... and just before release it on
the next car show one of his engineers comes to him and says ... hey boss
... we have now a better motor with double the power and lower gasoline
needs ... what would the boss say?!? Scope creep??? Or would he say : man
... how fast can you add that motor to our production line /new model ???

If the designers would have asked ... I would have said earlier that more
bands in the upper range is better (more bandwidth, higher bad rate, smaller
antennas ... grin)

... so ... WHAT DO OTHER GROUP MEMBERS THINK???

Would you like a 3 band radio (70cm, 23cm 13cm) ???

If you wanna build a "ham-net" hot-spot ... you could use the same radio(s)
for the user end on 70 cm and for the back-end to other stations on 13 or
23cm

Yes I know it would mean a rebuild of the tuner and rf part of that data
radio ... but I think it is worth thinking (and maybe discussing) about that
... right?!?

Dg9bfc

sigi