Topics

[pcrepeatercontroller] Dummyrepeater with Alsa

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: vk4tux@... [pcrepeatercontroller] <pcrepeatercontroller@...>
Date: Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Subject: [pcrepeatercontroller] Dummyrepeater with Alsa
To: pcrepeatercontroller@...

Well John I am very impressed with the dv3000d now that after rebuilding dummyrepeater with alsa-lib

flag linker on fedora, The audio is excellent.

I made the new rpm here ;

dummyrepeater-20140519-1.x86_64.rpm 2014-Jun-24 14:02:46114.7Kapplication/x-rpm

in redhat, ...  alsa-lib is the dependency

I had done the same thing with pidora, direct on the Pi.

I can do a alsa > rpm for CenTOS also if anyone wants it. Like fldigi , using portaudio in linux is a waste of time. I am using virtual environments now to build to keep library environments sterile, even for fedore, crazy as it seems running a virtual fedora within a fedora host, but effective.

I also have a debian environment for banana pi work were I can build the kernels etc, CenTOS & windows environments, it is very useful.

Now that is done , I look forward to what we can do with dmr / P25 etc in the future.

Adrian ... vk4tux