Topics

Performance measuring

ve7dhm@...

I came across an interesting article describing ID-1 testing using iperf in my search for finding Linux tools to use with the UDRX to quantify performance.  I tested a KPC-3+ and a KPC9600, back to back audio and over
the air, using a similar setup with the addition of ping and socat and a couple of Raspberry Pis running Raspbian.  At 1200 baud, ping was slow giving around 2.5 seconds and a bandwidth around 1 Kbits per second with a jitter figure around 0.9ms.  So I think these linux apps should work with the UDRXs to provide path testing.  Any other ideas about how to go about this?

Paul VE7DHM