Topics

Pi ft817 help please

andy.howe31@...

Help please,
Just got a pi4 I need the lead from the pi to yaesu817 but unsure which one I need,can someone help ?do  I need a sound card for the pi relay am new to all this so baby steps and learning curve ahead and hoping to keep it cheap as chips,I did buy a ud04ya lead for pc and mac but failed at getting that working
Am hoping to tx and rx using FLDIGI and other modes,please can anyone help andy uk

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ

https://hammadeparts.com/ is a great place to get your cables. Yes, that means shipping from the US to the UK.

You fellow UK compatriots make know of a source in county.

On 7/21/2019 9:27 AM, andy.howe31 via Groups.Io wrote:
Help please,
Just got a pi4 I need the lead from the pi to yaesu817 but unsure which one I need,can someone help ?do?? I need a sound card for the pi relay am new to all this so baby steps and learning curve ahead and hoping to keep it cheap as chips,I did buy a ud04ya lead for pc and mac but failed at getting that working??
Am hoping to tx and rx using FLDIGI and other modes,please can anyone help andy uk??

You want two leads. The mini-DIN 6 cable that comes with the DRAWS™ HAT (or any similar cable) and a CT-62 equivalent cable for CAT control. (many offered on eBay and Amazon).

Go into the UDRC and DRAWS ™ subgroup to this forum for help and advice.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019, 09:04 andy.howe31 via Groups.Io <andy.howe31=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Help please,
Just got a pi4 I need the lead from the pi to yaesu817 but unsure which one I need,can someone help ?do  I need a sound card for the pi relay am new to all this so baby steps and learning curve ahead and hoping to keep it cheap as chips,I did buy a ud04ya lead for pc and mac but failed at getting that working
Am hoping to tx and rx using FLDIGI and other modes,please can anyone help andy uk

andy.howe31@...

Thanks will do what does draw stand for?

Jack Spitznagel

Hi Andrew,

Please take a look at: http://nwdigitalradio.com/draws/

Good explanation and starting point.

The DRAWS + RPi combo works well with my FT-817.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo