Topics

PIDV AMBEserver installation nightmare

Flavio VE2ZFP

Hi everyone!

I have tried to compile AMBEserver following the directions on the NWDR the old method  (deprecated), the new method suggested by VK4TUX
which has no make file when you use the github  link on the NWDR site.  It says it install the server in /usr/sbin when it install in /usr/bin instead.
I have tried to set up on three different Raspberry Pi's A, B and B+ I also tried  Compass Linux that says it comes per-installed
but you have to install all dependencies wiringPi etc..Does not work at all. It has worked once when I bought it back in 2014 but I had to format my SD card and reinstall everything
from scratch.  Is there an easy way to do it?  I'm giving up. I've spent so many hours on it I don't know anymore if it's worth it.
When I do sudo AMBEserverGPIO -i /dev/ttyAMA0 with or without the start I get
Reset DV3000
Wrote Reset 5 chars
AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x01AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x00AMBEserver: unknown byte from the DV3000, 0x39.
Or using the old python method :
sudo ./dv3000d
dv3000d has been deprecated, please use AMBEserverGPIO for DV3000 or AMBEserver for DV3000U
Board is recognized
sudo python AMBEtest2.py
8
1
False
False
False
0
9
Reset
6100010033
Wrote: 5 bytes
Version
6100010031
Wrote: 5 bytes

Set DSTAR Mode
61000c000a013007634000000000000048
Wrote: 17 bytes

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Flavio VE2ZFP

Flavio,

Sorry you are having difficulties.  The response you are getting does not indicate that you are communicating with the PiDV.

I will try to get some time to write a better test program for the Pi.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Flavio VE2ZFP <fpohlmann2@...> wrote:
[...]

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Ian

Flavio,

As it happens I am in the process of installing a project using my ThumbDV and part of the instructions to check

communication with the ThumbDV is :-

python AMBEtest3.py -n -s /dev/ttyUSB0
Setting ...
/dev/ttyUSB0
8
1
False
False
False

Reset
6100010033
Wrote: 5 bytes
a9
Product ID
6100010030
Wrote: 5 bytes
0AMBE3000R <-------------------------this
Version
6100010031
Wrote: 5 bytes
a11V120.E100.XXXX.C106.G514.R009.B0010411.C0020208 <-----and this
Set DSTAR Mode
61000c000a013007634000000000000048
Wrote: 17 bytes

this and this indicate communication to/from the ThumbDV.

I am using this on a RaspberryPi 2 with :-

Linux 4.1.19-v7+ #1 SMP Fri Mar 11 14:31:11 CET 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

Hope this helps a little ?

Regards,

Ian..

On 14-09-2017 21:44, Flavio VE2ZFP wrote:
[...]
Links:
------
[1] https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/1597
[2] https://groups.io/mt/6016634/162806
[3] https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/main/post
[4] https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/main/editsub/162806
[5] https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/main
[6] https://groups.io/static/tos
[7] https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Flavio VE2ZFP

Hi Ian!

I'll look it up.

Thanks

Flavio VE2ZFP

Hi John

I didn't know that.
I'll check the addendum.

Thanks

david bencini ik5xmk <ik5xmk@...>

[...]

Steve N4IRS

Flavio,
When we were troubleshooting the problem with the ThumbDV and the Raspberry Pi, Mike N4IRR wrote a Python script to better test the DV3000. The script works with the PiDV, ThumbDV and AMBEserver.
If you want to give it a try it is at <https://github.com/N4IRS/Analog_Bridge/blob/master/DV3000/AMBEtest4.py>

Hope this help.
73, Steve N4IRS

On 09/14/2017 04:44 PM, Flavio VE2ZFP wrote:
[...]

Thanks David

Flavio VE2ZFP

Apparently it does not need the wiringPI, am I right?
Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Does it work with the PIDV?

Thanks I'll give it a try.

PiDV is a serial device attached to the UART on the header.