Topics

Problem installing software for DV3000

Martin Kilgore <dongle2188@...>

My DV3000 dongle arrived today and I am trying to use it with Windows.

I downloaded NAtools64-1.0.15.exe from the Dutch site like it says on
the www.nwdigitalradio.com page. It will not install on either my
Windows 10 desktop OR my windows 8.1 laptop. Both times the installer
runs and throws an error that only says the installer stopped prematurely.

So, questions:
1.) Is this the right path to use the dongle for DMR (at least to start)
2.) is this the only software or will others work with this dongle?

Also, I have a chromebook running a dual-boot with Linux-ubuntu XFCE.
1.) Is it better to use this machine?
2.) Do I REALLY have to join 2 more yahoo groups (Ugh!) or can somebody
share a copy of the software for that?
3. I just use the Ubuntu software gizmo to add stuff to Linux. How would
I install this other software?

Thnx $ 73's
KJ6BQM

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

NAtools has nothing to do with the ThumbDV.  The program you want is WinDV version 1.5.8 Beta-3  See http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/  and  http://nwdigitalradio.com/windv-configuration/

So, questions:
1.) Is this the right path to use the dongle for DMR (at least to start)

2.) is this the only software or will others work with this dongle?

You can also use DummyRepeater and AMBEserver see the resource page above.

 As far as Linux, review the resource page.  There are several ways to get the software up and running. (DummyRepeater)  Yahoo! Groups ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller are for support of G4KLX programs.

Also, I have a chromebook running a dual-boot with Linux-ubuntu XFCE.
1.) Is it better to use this machine?
2.) Do I REALLY have to join 2 more yahoo groups (Ugh!) or can somebody
share a copy of the software for that?
3. I just use the Ubuntu software gizmo to add stuff to Linux. How would
I install this other software?

Thnx $ 73's
KJ6BQM

Martin Kilgore <dongle2188@...>

If you can find WinDV on that Dutch website you're a better man than I.
It just takes you around in circles. Is there an alternate source -- or
an alternative software that will let me get up and running?

Thanx

On 3/28/2016 5:15 PM, 'John D. Hays' john@...
[UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Martin Kilgore dongle2188@...
[UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

My DV3000 dongle arrived today and I am trying to use it with Windows.

I downloaded NAtools64-1.0.15.exe from the Dutch site like it says on
the www.nwdigitalradio.com page. It will not install on either my
Windows 10 desktop OR my windows 8.1 laptop. Both times the installer
runs and throws an error that only says the installer stopped prematurely.

NAtools has nothing to do with the ThumbDV. The program you want is WinDV
version 1.5.8 Beta-3 See
http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/ and
http://nwdigitalradio.com/windv-configuration/

So, questions:
1.) Is this the right path to use the dongle for DMR (at least to start)
There is not a current public DMR program. Though work is being done. See
the thread at
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/UniversalDigitalRadio/conversations/topics/1215

2.) is this the only software or will others work with this dongle?

You can also use DummyRepeater and AMBEserver see the resource page above.
As far as Linux, review the resource page. There are several ways to get
the software up and running. (DummyRepeater) Yahoo! Groups ircddbgateway
and pcrepeatercontroller are for support of G4KLX programs.

Also, I have a chromebook running a dual-boot with Linux-ubuntu XFCE.
1.) Is it better to use this machine?
2.) Do I REALLY have to join 2 more yahoo groups (Ugh!) or can somebody
share a copy of the software for that?
3. I just use the Ubuntu software gizmo to add stuff to Linux. How would
I install this other software?

Thnx $ 73's
KJ6BQM

------------------------------

<http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>
<http://www.facebook.com/john.d.hays>

Andrew Jorgensen <andrew@...>

You have to be logged in to find the WinDV download link.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Martin Kilgore dongle2188@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

If you can find WinDV on that Dutch website you're a better man than I.
It just takes you around in circles. Is there an alternate source -- or
an alternative software that will let me get up and running?

Thanx

On 3/28/2016 5:15 PM, 'John D. Hays' john@...

[UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Martin Kilgore dongle2188@...
> [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:
>

>> My DV3000 dongle arrived today and I am trying to use it with Windows.
>>
>> I downloaded NAtools64-1.0.15.exe from the Dutch site like it says on
>> the www.nwdigitalradio.com page. It will not install on either my
>> Windows 10 desktop OR my windows 8.1 laptop. Both times the installer
>> runs and throws an error that only says the installer stopped prematurely.
>>
>> NAtools has nothing to do with the ThumbDV. The program you want is WinDV
> version 1.5.8 Beta-3 See
> http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/ and
> http://nwdigitalradio.com/windv-configuration/
>

>> So, questions:
>> 1.) Is this the right path to use the dongle for DMR (at least to start)
>>
> There is not a current public DMR program. Though work is being done. See
> the thread at
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/UniversalDigitalRadio/conversations/topics/1215
>

> 2.) is this the only software or will others work with this dongle?
>>
>> You can also use DummyRepeater and AMBEserver see the resource page above.
>
> As far as Linux, review the resource page. There are several ways to get
> the software up and running. (DummyRepeater) Yahoo! Groups ircddbgateway
> and pcrepeatercontroller are for support of G4KLX programs.
>
>> Also, I have a chromebook running a dual-boot with Linux-ubuntu XFCE.
>> 1.) Is it better to use this machine?
>> 2.) Do I REALLY have to join 2 more yahoo groups (Ugh!) or can somebody
>> share a copy of the software for that?
>> 3. I just use the Ubuntu software gizmo to add stuff to Linux. How would
>> I install this other software?
>>
>> Thnx $ 73's
>> KJ6BQM
>>

> ------------------------------
> John D. Hays
> K7VE
>
> PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223
> <http://k7ve.org/blog> <http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays>
> <http://www.facebook.com/john.d.hays>

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Did you login?  An account is free but you have to login to get to downloads.

On Mar 28, 2016 5:15 PM, "John D. Hays" <john@...> wrote:

[...]

The create new account gizmo is throwing an error. I will keep trying

On 3/28/2016 6:07 PM, 'John D. Hays' john@...
[...]

OK. I ignored the error message and it logged me in. The WinDV program
is actually called "DVnode (WinDV)" so you have to look around for it on
the page. I am downloading it now. Fingers crossed.