Topics

Raspberry Pi Zero

Bob KV4PC

Any chance that NWDR will offer a simple AMBE CODEC board like the ThumbDV in Pi Zero Pi Hat (or Bonnet) form factor?

73;
Bob KV4PC

The PiDV would likely fit this purpose, but sales do not currently support carrying stock.

http://nwdigitalradio.com/product/pidv/

Most people find the ThumbDV sufficient for AMBEserver support.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Bob KV4PC <robert.ehresman@...> wrote:
Any chance that NWDR will offer a simple AMBE CODEC board like the ThumbDV in Pi Zero Pi Hat (or Bonnet) form factor?

73;
Bob KV4PC

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Bob KV4PC

Im interested in kind of a specific endgame, a "chewing gum" stack in the Pi Zero-W form factor that adds up to a DMR or Dstar transceiver, analog audio to RF and back as well as behaving like a low power access point/repeater or other DV interface. It seems like nearly all the pieces are out there.  The PiDV has the right function, but its a 26 pin device, and sort of an odd shape relative. The new Zumspot/MMDVM_HS board with the ADS7021 radio modem in Zero-hat format is an interesting piece of the puzzle.

I have had a guy offer me a PiDV almost immediately after I posted. Wanted me to make an offer. I put it back on him to give me a price. We'll see how that goes. Certainly it will be useful to prototype with.

73;
Bob KV4PC