From: marshalldennyai4cm
To: UniversalDigitalRadio@...
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:17 PM
Subject: [UniversalDigitalRadio] Store and forward vs Real Time access

Another general topic we should consider is how messages of various types and handled in digital/packet ham radio.

We need a great deal more interoperability and integration in our otherwise powerful tools we have in ham radio.

We need a messaging format that can be routed through Packet, winlink, other hf digital modes, etc.

As we have radios that have significant RAM and secondary storage, we can have all of these( under owner control) have store and forward ability.

Just a few ideas to use as a starting point for discussions.
Respectfully,
Marshall
AI4CM

"qrv@..." <qrv@...>

Length-limited ext messages may be more readily managed
cross-system.

Check with the HSMM-Mesh (AKA Broadband-Hamnet) Hams as
someone only recently did some work in that area.

We do; it's called email. The problem is, how do we manage the need
for sending attachments through the various systems, since not all of
them handle that equally well.

Matthew Pitts N8OHU
--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
David Colburn nevils-station.com

Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...>

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM, marshalldennyai4cm
<MarshallDenny@...> wrote:
Another general topic we should consider is how messages of various types and handled in digital/packet ham radio.

We need a great deal more interoperability and integration in our otherwise powerful tools we have in ham radio.

We need a messaging format that can be routed through Packet, winlink, other hf digital modes, etc.

Standard POP/SMTP Email... It's already supported almost everywhere.

Shorter IM messages - everywhere does it different but the Jabber/IRC
formats are standard and there are gateways.

73
Bill - WA7NWP

From the last couple of paragraphs (see link) it seems Broadband-Hamnet/
HSMM-Mesh is good with IRC: