Topics

The sound of one hand clapping

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

What can you do if you have the only UDR56k-4 in the neighborhood?

  1. 9600-baud AX.25 applications (RMS Gateway, iGate, Tracker, ...) compatible with Kenwood, Yaesu, etc.
  2. D-STAR Digital Voice simplex access point (Hotspot)
  3. D-STAR Digital Voice Radio (with AMBE-3000 plugin)
UDR-Expedition!

Love the idea!  Regional get togethers make a lot of sense.  The NW Digital Radio team would love to participate.

SEA-PAC is the ARRL NW Division Convention held annually in Seaside, OR in early June.  How many of you would attend a Friday seminar and configuration/experimentation party in 2014? [Seaside is a great place to bring the whole family, my wife doesn't usually attend the convention but anticipates going every year.]

Our next big event where you can come visit in person with the team behind UDR56k-4 is DCC in Seattle in September.

What regional gatherings would make sense in your area for next year or beyond? We can't attend everything in person, but are interested in meeting you!

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Douglas <dperv27@...> wrote:

At least you've got one guy.. I've got no guy.. So I either have to buy two to experiment with or hard recruit at least that one guy in my RF area.

Of course.. This could be the time to suggest a UDR56K-4 conference somewhere. Everyone bring their UDR's and we can spend the weekend testing/experimenting.. UDR-Expedition!!

--73

"Curt, WE7U" <curt.we7u@...>

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013, John D. Hays wrote:

SEA-PAC <http://www.seapac.org/> is the ARRL NW Division Convention held
annually in Seaside, OR in early June. How many of you would attend a
Friday seminar and configuration/experimentation party in 2014?
+1. I'll be there.

Our next big event where you can come visit in person with the team behind
UDR56k-4 is DCC in Seattle <http://tapr.org/dcc.html> in September.
+1. I'll be there.

What regional gatherings would make sense in your area for next year or
beyond? We can't attend everything in person, but are interested in meeting
you!
NWAPRS Gathering, weekend after Labor Day each year, North Bend, WA.

--
Curt, WE7U. http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Usage Pages: http://wetnet.net/~we7u/usage.html

Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...>

What regional gatherings would make sense in your area for next year or
beyond? We can't attend everything in person, but are interested in meeting
you!
NWAPRS Gathering, weekend after Labor Day each year, North Bend, WA.
Don't want to wait until September? How about Salmoncon in July?
UDR56K isn't QRP but this is the techiest bunch I know of in the PNW
and I'm sure they'd enjoy learning about the new radio and technology
involved.

http://valleycamp.org/page/salmoncon

Bill, WA7NWP

Brian D Heaton <ky9k-lists@...>

It would be very nice to visit in person with a bunch of people at DCC in September.  Even  better if we have UDRs then.  That will be an outstanding environment for ideas, experimentation, and such.

73-KY9K/Brian