Topics

ThumbDV and WinDV 1.5.8

ka1mxl@...

Does anyone have acopy of this software or have any idea how I can get a copy. I recently purchased the ThumbDV, watched the youtube video like 6 times and now I find out that you cannot use the software from the download page. One would thnk that the mfg. would point this out!

Thanks for any and all help.

Kevin KA1MXL

John Hays <john@...>

Send an email to Fred at Dutch-Star.eu requesting a copy.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2015, at 17:44, ka1mxl@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Does anyone have acopy of this software or have any idea how I can get a copy. I recently purchased the ThumbDV, watched the youtube video like 6 times and now I find out that you cannot use the software from the download page. One would thnk that the mfg. would point this out!

Thanks for any and all help.

Kevin KA1MXL

bhhoyer@...

Hi Kevin,

Well the information is on the site, but I have to admit it's not right up front where it should be. Ideally there would be a link from our site to the download, but it's still in Beta so you have to ask for it from Fred, the author.

I'm going to rework the website over the weekend and make it more obvious.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bryan K7UDR

"Rob Salsgiver" <rob@...>

I know I’ve seen the answer here on the list at least a half-dozen times to the same question…  It’s the dutch-star fellow.

Cheers,

Rob

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:09 AM, 'Rob Salsgiver' rob@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I know I’ve seen the answer here on the list at least a half-dozen times to the same question…  It’s the dutch-star fellow.

Cheers,

Rob

KA1MXL <ka1mxl@...>

Bryan

Thanks for the reply, Fred was extremely quick in replying to me last night. I actually had a little time to sit and monitor a reflector last night

Thanks for the reply!

On Apr 10, 2015, at 11:07 AM, bhhoyer@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Well the information is on the site, but I have to admit it's not right up front where it should be. Ideally there would be a link from our site to the download, but it's still in Beta so you have to ask for it from Fred, the author.

I'm going to rework the website over the weekend and make it more obvious.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bryan K7UDR

k8rjl@...

Hi Kevin,

If I may ask you Kevin, did you use the Feedback/Comments section of Fred's website to contact him for the software?  I sent a message through that portion of the website but never heard a thing back. I'm still waiting for my ThumbDV to arrive so hopefully I'll have the software before it arrives.

Thanks for the info,

Rob

KA1MXL <ka1mxl@...>

Rob

I sent email thru contact us page. It was just a few hours and he was back in touch with me.

Good luck with the thumbdv. Simple to use and setup. Even I can do it.

On Apr 11, 2015, at 2:35 AM, k8rjl@...m [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

If I may ask you Kevin, did you use the Feedback/Comments section of Fred's website to contact him for the software?  I sent a message through that portion of the website but never heard a thing back. I'm still waiting for my ThumbDV to arrive so hopefully I'll have the software before it arrives.

Thanks for the info,

Rob

k8rjl@...

Thanks Kevin,

I heard from Fred today as a matter of fact.  His software is top notch in my opinion. The ThumbDV is working great with it on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Rob