Topics

ThumbDV & linux

jackmalone29@...

I just purchased the ThumbDV USB device. I have a dual boot laptop with Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu Linux.  I want set it up under Linux. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get it going under Linux no a PC, not the Raspberry PI but a laptop running Linux.

Thanks
Jack Malone
N1JEM

john@...

You can install the .deb packages or build from source.  This is explained in the files/Documentation folders on the groups ircddbgateway and pcrepeatercontroller.  It should run on Ubuntu (which is a derivative of Debian) just fine.  I use Debian quite a bit.

A quick guide is at http://www.amateurlogic.com/downloads/DV3000.pdf start on page 15.  Use the GUI version of the install.

john@...

I also use Ubuntu a lot.

usmc8800@...