Topics

ThumbDv on Win 10 - need basics to get started

Daniel Lipkie <DanielLipkie@...>

I am running Win 10 pro. I have inserted the ThumbDv and downloaded ThumbTest.exe and I get these results when I run it

ThumbTest.exe
Available Ports:
   COM3
Enter COM port value (Default: COM1): COM3
Baud Rate(default:9600): 460800
a  9
a 0AMBE3000R
a 1 1V120.E100.XXXX.C106.G514.R009.B0010411.C0020208

So it appears to be connecting.

Where do I find the next pieces of software and instruction on how to install and use? I've been looking at drivers etc via websearch but don't seem to be able to find the "tutorial steps" to get up and running. I've used D-Star via my HT but this is my first attempt via pc.

Daniel
K7NOW

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 9:35 AM, Daniel Lipkie <DanielLipkie@...> wrote:
I am running Win 10 pro. I have inserted the ThumbDv and downloaded ThumbTest.exe and I get these results when I run it

ThumbTest.exe
Available Ports:
   COM3
Enter COM port value (Default: COM1): COM3
Baud Rate(default:9600): 460800
a 9
a 0AMBE3000R
a 1 1V120.E100.XXXX.C106.G514.R009.B0010411.C0020208

So it appears to be connecting.

Where do I find the next pieces of software and instruction on how to install and use? I've been looking at drivers etc via websearch but don't seem to be able to find the "tutorial steps" to get up and running. I've used D-Star via my HT but this is my first attempt via pc.

Daniel
K7NOW

Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Don Meyerhoff

Hi,

How are you looking to use this?  It can be used locally (via the PC it's connected to) or remotely by running it as a server and using an android app. This gives you DMR and D-Star. I use the app version when I go on travel.  There are a number of ways to use the dongle. One place to go is www.pa7lim.nl/bluedv-windows .There are a number if videos o n YouTube as well. Search for Bluedv. Hope this helps.

73

Don Meyerhoff
WA2SWX

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 12:59 PM Daniel Lipkie <DanielLipkie@...> wrote:
I am running Win 10 pro. I have inserted the ThumbDv and downloaded ThumbTest.exe and I get these results when I run it

ThumbTest.exe
Available Ports:
   COM3
Enter COM port value (Default: COM1): COM3
Baud Rate(default:9600): 460800
a 9
a 0AMBE3000R
a 1 1V120.E100.XXXX.C106.G514.R009.B0010411.C0020208

So it appears to be connecting.

Where do I find the next pieces of software and instruction on how to install and use? I've been looking at drivers etc via websearch but don't seem to be able to find the "tutorial steps" to get up and running. I've used D-Star via my HT but this is my first attempt via pc.

Daniel
K7NOW

david bencini ik5xmk <ik5xmk@...>

Hi, this post is for a "similar" USB DONGLE, sorry, but thinking to be usefull for everyone, compatibility 100%
i have all types:

and this one:

Google can translate for you...

73 David IK5XMK

Il giorno lun 6 ago 2018 alle ore 19:12 Don Meyerhoff <wa2swxdm@...> ha scritto:
[...]

Thanks ... I am on the air using ThumbDv, BlueDv and listening to D-Star REF001.

Daniel K7NOW

Robert Raymond <w7rjr@...>

Dan, I gave you a call on ref 1c. Are you still there?
Bob