Topics

ThumbDV -> ThumbDV Model A

"Don Woodward" <dbwoodw@...>

Can the original ThumbDV be converted to a model A?

Don Woodward

KD4APP

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Changing the baud rate on the original dongle would require very delicate trace cuts and jumpers and is not recommended.

There is really no advantage to changing the baud rate for current applications that use the ThumbDV as the throughput is more than sufficient.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 3:52 PM, 'Don Woodward' dbwoodw@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Can the original ThumbDV be converted to a model A?

Don Woodward

KD4APP

Robert Garcia <robert@...>

As someone who did it, I would not recommend it, the risk of destroying the device is high.  ;-)

--
Robert Garcia, N5QM

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM, 'John D. Hays' john@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Changing the baud rate on the original dongle would require very delicate trace cuts and jumpers and is not recommended.

There is really no advantage to changing the baud rate for current applications that use the ThumbDV as the throughput is more than sufficient.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 3:52 PM, 'Don Woodward' dbwoodw@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

Can the original ThumbDV be converted to a model A?

Don Woodward

KD4APP

Also doing so will void the warranty.

Thanks, Robert