Topics

Trouble With Dstar

Andy Pagoota
 

I just received and set up my ThumbDV with BlueDV software. DMR works perfectly and I love it! Dstar is another story. I can receive just fine, but for some reason when I transmit (on REF061C for example) no one can hear me and I'm not showing up in last heard (here: https://nj6n.com/dplusmon/). I'm sure it's because I've set something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any ideas?

Michael Register
 

I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.

Andrew O'Brien
 

When I first started with Dstar I had that issue , can’t fully remember the solution but it may have been : Gateway in second mycall not set correctly 
Andy K3UK 


On Oct 21, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io <gadget9503@...> wrote:

I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.

mike tabb <Kk4lyn@...>
 

If I remember correctly you have to register with dstar


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 7:21 AM Andy Pagoota <w4wno@...> wrote:

I just received and set up my ThumbDV with BlueDV software. DMR works perfectly and I love it! Dstar is another story. I can receive just fine, but for some reason when I transmit (on REF061C for example) no one can hear me and I'm not showing up in last heard (here: https://nj6n.com/dplusmon/). I'm sure it's because I've set something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any ideas?

Bill Brown
 

Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503@...> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.

 


OK, I looked and you are registered in two locations (should only be registered in one, so contact one or the other and have them cancel your registration).  Pick one and create a terminal with a space for the terminal ID, you currently have no terminals and that is why you are not working on DPLUS reflectors or DPLUS linking to repeaters.

You are registered at https://regist.dstargateway.org and w4nyr -- see http://dstar.info/query.html

While you wait for your terminal to become active, use the XRF (or DCS) reflectors, which do not require US Trust registration. (Your callsign is your license to operate.)

XRF002A  gets a fair amount of traffic   http://xrf002.dstar.club/  (see cross linked reflectors to Module A)
--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

 

Andy -- W4YNR registration URLis at https://w4nyr.metro-uhf.org/Dstar.do (BTW, let them know they can get a good SSL certificate and get rid of the security warning either from AA4RC or using https://letsencrypt.org/

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM Bill Brown via Groups.Io <w5umq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.



--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Andy Pagoota
 

Thanks, John.  Looks like that's the problem. I've emailed and asked them to cancel the W4NYR registration. Thank you for your help.


On 10/21/2018 11:44 AM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:

OK, I looked and you are registered in two locations (should only be registered in one, so contact one or the other and have them cancel your registration).  Pick one and create a terminal with a space for the terminal ID, you currently have no terminals and that is why you are not working on DPLUS reflectors or DPLUS linking to repeaters.

You are registered at https://regist.dstargateway.org and w4nyr -- see http://dstar.info/query.html

While you wait for your terminal to become active, use the XRF (or DCS) reflectors, which do not require US Trust registration. (Your callsign is your license to operate.)

XRF002A  gets a fair amount of traffic   http://xrf002.dstar.club/  (see cross linked reflectors to Module A)
--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

Gwen Patton
 

John, the security certificate issue is one the central DStar office (for lack of a better word) needs to do. It isn't done on an individual site basis.

It's also affecting the page at my local repeater, AA3E. The op told me they handle certs elsewhere.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 11:50 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Andy -- W4YNR registration URLis at https://w4nyr.metro-uhf.org/Dstar.do (BTW, let them know they can get a good SSL certificate and get rid of the security warning either from AA4RC or using https://letsencrypt.org/

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM Bill Brown via Groups.Io <w5umq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.


--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

   

 

Gwen

As I said AA4RC will provide one, and dynamic DNS, as part of DPLUS, but your admin has to ask. 

I free certificate can also be obtained through letsencrypt.org

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 09:52 Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
John, the security certificate issue is one the central DStar office (for lack of a better word) needs to do. It isn't done on an individual site basis.

It's also affecting the page at my local repeater, AA3E. The op told me they handle certs elsewhere.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018, 11:50 AM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Andy -- W4YNR registration URLis at https://w4nyr.metro-uhf.org/Dstar.do (BTW, let them know they can get a good SSL certificate and get rid of the security warning either from AA4RC or using https://letsencrypt.org/

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:49 AM Bill Brown via Groups.Io <w5umq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Make sure your microphone is active!


On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael Register via Groups.Io
<gadget9503=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm having the same problem if you find out anything let me know.


--


John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE