Topics

UDR Network?

Tom Hayward <esarfl@...>

How long until the UDR Network map is up? I'd really like to know if
there are other pre-orders in my area.

I suspect there are quite a few people waiting to place their
pre-order until they see someone in their area, so posting a map might
give you a more accurate order estimate.

Tom KD7LXL

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Hi Tom,

If you are still in Gig Harbor, the Puget Sound has the highest concentrations of pre-orders.  The map will be forthcoming soon, just working through a technical blocker.

The map will not be real time, but will be updated regularly (at least every couple days and maybe more than once a day.)

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Tom Hayward <esarfl@...> wrote:

How long until the UDR Network map is up? I'd really like to know if
there are other pre-orders in my area.

I suspect there are quite a few people waiting to place their
pre-order until they see someone in their area, so posting a map might
give you a more accurate order estimate.

Tom KD7LXL

__._

"richark" <richark@...>

Tom,

Are you still located in the Seattle area?

There is a large number of us in the greater Seattle area that have signed up to buy.

73,
Kenny, KU7M

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM, richark <richark@...> wrote:

Tom,

Are you still located in the Seattle area?

There is a large number of us in the greater Seattle area that have signed up to buy.

73,
Kenny, KU7M

Tacoma North End (http://aprs.fi/kd7lxl-1). I know I can get into Renton on 440, but haven't tried anything further north. West Seattle should be easy if someone on the hill buys one. Not sure what my coverage is like to the south, but I'm facing a hill that direction so I'm not optimistic.

I'm not worried about adoption--I saw all the hands raised at Microhams--I'm just curious about the specifics.

Tom KD7LXL

"Curt, WE7U" <curt.we7u@...>

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Tom Hayward wrote:

How long until the UDR Network map is up? I'd really like to know if
there are other pre-orders in my area.

I suspect there are quite a few people waiting to place their
pre-order until they see someone in their area, so posting a map might
give you a more accurate order estimate.
It's up now.

--
Curt, WE7U. http://wetnet.net/~we7u
Babysitting your tracker: http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator

"ka1mzy" <ka1mzy@...>

Wow no kidding.

Might be stepping on one another with that kind of concentration! :)

Glad to see the interest in this. I'm going to enjoy the unit myself as well. Hopefully it fills in a bit of a gap locally here where I am in Texas.

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., "richark" <richark@...> wrote:

Tom,

Are you still located in the Seattle area?

There is a large number of us in the greater Seattle area that have signed up to buy.

73,
Kenny, KU7M

--- In UniversalDigitalRadio@..., Tom Hayward <esarfl@> wrote:

How long until the UDR Network map is up? I'd really like to know if
there are other pre-orders in my area.

I suspect there are quite a few people waiting to place their
pre-order until they see someone in their area, so posting a map might
give you a more accurate order estimate.

Tom KD7LXL

Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...>

I plan to get one but funds are not there yet.  I see Jerome in East Atlanta signed up as the one and only for North GA.

I do plan to put up a UHF RMS gateway soon as I can get the radio programmed and an antenna/feedline set up.   I have a computer and internet connection ready to go for it.

Ronny
K4RJJ