Topics

UDRC-II Announcement

UDRC-II and the Process of Continuos Development

The great thing about Software is that you can improve it continuously. Here at NW Digital Radio, we view Hardware the same way. Each time we build out a PCB Fabrication run, it’s only engineering time and new solder-paste stencil charge to make any improvements. So we re-evaluate each product, looking for ways to make it better or appeal to a broader market.

Now that we’ve shipped hundreds of units, we’ve updated the UDRC based on feedback from the field.

UDRC-II Changes:

  • PTT and SQL are now independent and buffered on both ports making it a true 2 port controller
  • LEDs have been added to both PTTs and the 5V converter (only lights if wired to 12V)
  • The 12V to 5V converter has an RFI Filter and Transient Protection for Mobile Applications
  • The Audio Inputs and Outputs are now 100 ohms to improve cable matching
  • The EEPROM version allows the driver to auto-configure for the UDRC or UDRC-II

The UDRC-II starts shipping once we have all the documentation updated. All existing backorders will ship UDRC-II. The original UDRC will be obsoleted.

Limited Time Offer for all UDRC Owners!

If you’ve already purchased a UDRC, place an order for a UDRC-II by the end of September and receive a $20 Rebate. Just write UDRC Rebate in the comment field. Your email address must be in our Customer Database to qualify.

Director

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

UDRC-II Changes:
Will these be available for purchase at the Northwest APRS group
summer gathering this weekend?

Bill

Yes -- and if you purchase at the summer gathering and make a donation to Valley Camp, there will be an additional donation to Valley Camp from NW Digital Radio.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
> UDRC-II Changes:

Will these be available for purchase at the Northwest APRS group
summer gathering this weekend?

Bill

UDRC-II Changes:
Will these be available for purchase at the Northwest APRS group
summer gathering this weekend?
Yes -- and if you purchase at the summer gathering and make a donation to Valley Camp, there will be an additional donation to Valley Camp from NW Digital Radio.
Awesome! Thanks John and crew. Someplace around here I have a jar
or three of pennies without copper just waiting for a worthy project.

Bill

For those not familiar with the Northwest APRS Summer Gathering, it is an annual gathering of folks interested in APRS and similar digital based amateur radio activities.  It is held at Valley Camp in the foothills of the beautiful Cascade Mountains east of Seattle.

Valley Camp provides a great venue in the great outdoors with a sheltered presentation area and has that all important WiFi access.  Valley Camp supports this event as well as other amateur radio activities such as JOTA without a rental fee, simply taking donations from participants.

At NW Digital Radio we applaud Valley Camp for hosting these activities, and are happy to add to the donations given by participants.

Director

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

J W Chenault

Hi john:

Okay how much for the new UDRC-2?

Thanks

Jeff

Posted on September 8, 2016 by k7udr in UDRC | Leave a comment

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 6:09 PM, J W Chenault <w7jwc@...> wrote:

Hi john:

Okay how much for the new UDRC-2?

Thanks

Jeff

Dan Porter (AI2M)

Hi John,

I an using my URDC as a Personal Hotspot on a RPi 3 (5V power input) connected to a Yaesu FT-7800R with a DIN-6 cable.

Is there any practical advantage to switching to the UDRC-II in that configuration?

Thanks,
Dan - AI2M

On September 8, 2016 at 11:21:42 PM, John Hays (john@...) wrote:

http://nwdigitalradio.com/product/udrc/

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 6:09 PM, J W Chenault <w7jwc@...> wrote:

Hi john:

Okay how much for the new UDRC-2?

Thanks

Jeff

Dan,

No. For D-STAR repeater/hotspot operation there is no advantage to moving to the UDRC-II  -- The primary advantage is if one has two radios operating packet radio or other 'soundcard' digital modes at the same time.

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Dan Porter <ai2m@...> wrote:
Hi John,

I an using my URDC as a Personal Hotspot on a RPi 3 (5V power input) connected to a Yaesu FT-7800R with a DIN-6 cable.

Is there any practical advantage to switching to the UDRC-II in that configuration?

Thanks,
Dan - AI2M

Dan Porter (AI2M)

John,

That’s kind of what I was thinking. Thanks for the confirmation.

Dan - AI2M