The great thing about Software is that you can improve it continuously. Here at NW Digital Radio, we view Hardware the same way. Each time we build out a PCB Fabrication run, it’s only engineering time and new solder-paste stencil charge to make any improvements. So we re-evaluate each product, looking for ways to make it better or appeal to a broader market.
Now that we’ve shipped hundreds of units, we’ve updated the UDRC based on feedback from the field.
- PTT and SQL are now independent and buffered on both ports making it a true 2 port controller
- LEDs have been added to both PTTs and the 5V converter (only lights if wired to 12V)
- The 12V to 5V converter has an RFI Filter and Transient Protection for Mobile Applications
- The Audio Inputs and Outputs are now 100 ohms to improve cable matching
- The EEPROM version allows the driver to auto-configure for the UDRC or UDRC-II
The UDRC-II starts shipping once we have all the documentation updated. All existing backorders will ship UDRC-II. The original UDRC will be obsoleted.
Limited Time Offer for all UDRC Owners!
If you’ve already purchased a UDRC, place an order for a UDRC-II by the end of September and receive a $20 Rebate. Just write UDRC Rebate in the comment field. Your email address must be in our Customer Database to qualify.