Topics

[udrc] [nw-digital-radio] Linux RMS - headed for digital dustbin?

Basil Gunn

I've been looking for an alternative platform to run Winlink Express
as a client on.
For most linux platforms:

paclink-unix
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/paclink-unix

pat
http://getpat.io/

pigate
http://www.pigate.net/

linbpq

You have choices.

Full disclosure, I'm one of the maintainers of paclink-unix. If you are
using an UDRC it sets up with a couple of scripts.

/Basil n7nix

Scott Currie

None of these options support the forms function of Winlink Express. I realize there are other ways to achieve this, but that train has left. The vast majority of Winlink users are using WE and its forms function. You will not be fully compatible.

You can get WE running on Linux:
https://winlink.org/content/installing_express_linux

-Scott, NS7C

Basil Gunn

Scott Currie <@ns7c> writes:

None of these options support the forms function of Winlink Express. I
realize there are other ways to achieve this, but that train has
left. The vast majority of Winlink users are using WE and its forms
function. You will not be fully compatible.
Yep. If you just want messaging then the options I mentioned will work
if you need to use Winlink Express features then go with Windows.
You could use your rasperry Pi running Direwolf in AGWPE or TCP/IP mode
as a remote TNC and run WE on your Windows machine.

You can get WE running on Linux:
https://winlink.org/content/installing_express_linux
Yes you could run WE under wine.

/Basil