Topics

UDRC: Yaesu is "good" with D-STAR

ve3mic@...

Hi everyone,

I was excited to hear the announcement about the UDRC project.

As a recent recipient/owner/trustee of a DR-1X System Fusion repeater, I too was thinking of experimenting with linking up to other digital systems such as D-STAR, Allstar, etc. and immediately, a few thoughts came to mind.

1- I wonder what Yaesu would think of this?

2- I also wondered about what the various D-STAR networks would think of this?

Well, I got the answer to the first question. I was very (pleasantly) surprised when at last Sunday's System Fusion forum at the 2015 Dayton Hamvention, Bryan Hoyer K7UDR, from NW Digital Systems took the podium and gave the audience a brief overview of their new UDRC project. I wonder if Icom's position will be similar.

Now for the second question. How welcome would other D-STAR sources of digital voice be on the D-STAR network? (US Trust, D Extra, etc.)

Being new to D-STAR, I haven't got a good handle on how well received (or not) D-STAR via System Fusion would be.

Your comments are welcomed.

73 de Mike

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Reception of the UDRC has been excellent.

I just want to be very clear.

The UDRC only adds and enables the use of a DR-1X as a D-STAR repeater (and connects to the network using ircddbgateway - NW7DR  A  is my test platform).

It does not transcode between analog or Fusion Digital and D-STAR.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:03 AM, ve3mic@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

[...]

__._,

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

Mike,

If you combine the UDRC with both ircDDBGateway and SFGateway, an ircDDB based system that I have started working on, and SFReflector, you'll have access to both digital networks from either side. I know there are some groups that are open to mixing modes, and you'll be welcome on those systems that are.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

--
Sent from my Moto X with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

kc9gqr@...

K9WRA  system  would be  willing to do mix modes.     just let us know what hardware we need etc and how we can help..   This would give coverage accross central IL

k9wra.club

Bradley
kc9gqr

Will Wright <w4wwm@...>

Yes,

I will say the Quadnet was always open to other digital bridges It seem no one had an interest. 73

Will / W4WWM
QuadNetet Admin Team

On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 14:05 -0400, Matthew Pitts daywalker_blade_2004@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:

[...]

BHaney <kc9gqr@...>

never heard of  QUad net..   details..    details

On May 21, 2015 1:03:32 PM EDT, "ve3mic@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

[...]

It's based on the same code as ircDDB, but doesn't have the repeater callsign restrictions that the Icom G2 system and the main ircDDB system have.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

[...]

"Scott Weis" <kb2ear@...>

See:

http://www.openquad.net/node/4

Tony Langdon <vk3jed@...>

On 22/05/2015 3:22 AM, 'John D. Hays' john@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] wrote:
Reception of the UDRC has been excellent.

I just want to be very clear.

The UDRC only adds and enables the use of a DR-1X as a D-STAR repeater (and connects to the network using ircddbgateway - NW7DR  A  is my test platform).

It does not transcode between analog or Fusion Digital and D-STAR.
It looks like the digital world's answer to EchoIRLP - access to multiple networks, but no bridging or transcoding between them.
--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

BHaney <kc9gqr@...>

some one was talking about a  System Fusion reflector?