Topics

Using the UDRC-II with Dire Wolf for Winlink packet radio communications

Chris - KC9AD

At this year's MicroHAMS Digital Conference, I attended John Langner's talk on Dire Wolf. I was led to believe that the Dire Wolf modem would enable Winlink packet on the Raspberry Pi + UDRC combination (aka Digi-Pi). But implementation details were sketchy, at least for me. So I did some Internet searching and experimentation, and I came up with some scattered bits of information that I put together to write this:

http://www.doutre.org/acs/rpi-packet.pdf

I make no claims to its completeness or accuracy. It works for me. If it helps you to advance the state of your art, pass it on. 73.

Chris KC9AD

Steve

This presentation from the Raspberry Pi workshop at the 2017 SEAPAC ham convention might help as well ...
http://seapac.org/workshop-presentations_files/SEA-PAC2017-RPi-workshop,session-2,APRS-direwolf-xastir.pdf