Topics

Will it work with plain vanilla ubuntu linux?

Martin Kilgore <dongle2188@...>

I have a raspberry pi, but I would prefer to use the DV3000 dongle on my
laptop running Ubuntu linux.

Will that work, please?

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

The short answer is Yes, if you get the USB version, the ThumbDV.

The longer answer.  Whether the PiDV (for GPIO connection on a Raspberry Pi) or the ThumbDV (USB), the DV3000 looks like a serial port.  It provides a transformation between (digitized) voice and AMBE and the reverse.

Everything else is dependent on the software you use.  For Linux that will be a combination of DummyRepeater and ircDDBGateway.  Those programs are by G4KLX and are obtained and supported via Yahoo! Groups ... see  http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page/

_