Topics

winbook, win 10, windv, thumbdv, usb headset no work

don1mh@...

I get connection to REF001C, see bars moving for RX audio, don't hear any audio.TX seems to connect, but see no TX bars moving. This hardware setup
for D-Star worked fine with Windows 8.1 Don't have wired headset right now.
Maybe it will work. So, what's wrong with Windows 10 not liking USB headset?
Don

"John D. Hays" <john@...>

Does it work without the USB headset? (e.g. built in microphone/speaker -- this works for me on Winbook TW700.)

Does the USB headset work with other applications?

If the above two questions can be answered "yes" then you should contact Fred at Dutch*STAR concerning WinDV.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 1:48 PM, don1mh@... [UniversalDigitalRadio] <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I get connection to REF001C, see bars moving for RX audio, don't hear any audio.TX seems to connect, but see no TX bars moving. This hardware setup
for D-Star worked fine with Windows 8.1 Don't have wired headset right now.
Maybe it will work. So, what's wrong with Windows 10 not liking USB headset?
Don

Dennis Rogers <n5vrp.satx@...>

USB drivers on a newly released Windows system are the main issue. Go back to the manufacturers website for each device and see if they have released updated drivers.

On Aug 6, 2015 4:18 PM, "don1mh@... [UniversalDigitalRadio]" <UniversalDigitalRadio@...> wrote:

I get connection to REF001C, see bars moving for RX audio, don't hear any audio.TX seems to connect, but see no TX bars moving. This hardware setup
for D-Star worked fine with Windows 8.1 Don't have wired headset right now.
Maybe it will work. So, what's wrong with Windows 10 not liking USB headset?
Don

wa6fgi@...

Installed win 10 over the weekend, dvap works fine without a hitch.
Have you checked your audio settings?
One more idea, and, even tho it is very basic, what about the drivers for the headset?
My .02 here, Gary...wa6fgi