Topics

WIRES

"brainerdd" <dave@...>

Any chance of getting WIRES included? In our area, no one has a D-Star radio, but almost all have Yaesu's with WIRES.

Dave - WB6DHW
Kooskia, Idaho

Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...>

WIRES is an analog system like IRLP and echolink.

Although we could do analog with our new design, we are focused primarily on the Digital Marketplace.

If we were to do something in analog, I note that IRLP has 1285 nodes in the USA while WIRES has 34.

Thanks for your interest,
Bryan - K7UDR

Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...>

Bryan,

There is also AllStar Link, but I'm not sure (yet) how to get it to play with the ARM processor in the UDR56K, as the main installers that I know of for it are x86 based as part of the OS installation. It does include support for Echolink and might also still handle IRLP; I will have to check at some point.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

"Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed@...>

At 10:23 AM 9/14/2012, you wrote:

Bryan,

There is also AllStar Link, but I'm not sure (yet) how to get it to play with the ARM processor in the UDR56K, as the main installers that I know of for it are x86 based as part of the OS installation. It does include support for Echolink and might also still handle IRLP; I will have to check at some point.
Echolink should work (using thelinkbox), IRLP requires some x86 binaries. You'd have to talk to David Cameron if you want IRLP support. AllStar supports Echolink as well as its native protocol. IRLP support was dropped a while ago, though I believe it may be possible to put back in as the source is available. This version of IRLP support also relies on some of the IRLP x86 binaries.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com